Interesting, but seems to ignore a few small facts.
- Jews purchased land during the (Muslim) Ottoman rule and during the British rule, if this land was “stolen” why didn’t the governments stop it?
- The official languages during the UK occupation was Arabic, Hebrew and English.
- UNSCOP met with many Arab leaders during their investigation in 1947, but the Palestinian leadership sent a cable to the Secretary-General refusing to participate.
- Since everyone knew the British were leaving, what prevented the Palestinian leadership from declaring a state in 1948 (or in the 19 years following)?
- Many European Jews were arriving prior to Hertzel’s suggestion.
- Why didn’t the Palestinians have more extensive use of electric and water before 1967?