Get Shapely, Attractive Knees with Knee Liposuction
Knee liposuction helps reduce excess fat behind or on either side of the knees. The procedure can provide you with well-shaped, attractive knees. Generally, knee liposuction is done along with inner and outer thigh liposuction, and makes your legs look slimmer and straighter. Experienced plastic surgeons providing knee liposuction in Manhattan, NYC, NY provides excellent body sculpting results using the laser-assisted Smartlipo Triplex device.
Advantages of Knee Liposuction
The key benefits of undergoing knee liposuction are:
• Slimmer and more symmetrical legs
• Provides more definition to the knee cap, front structures of the knee, lower fibula area and calves
• Tighter skin around the knee area
• Positive toning effect on both upper and lower legs
How is Knee Liposuction Performed?
In leading AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practices in NYC, knee liposuction is performed using the minimally-invasive Smartlipo Triplex work station. The surgeon will first mark the area to be treated and numb it with local anesthesia. A small incision will be made just behind the knee to insert the laser-assisted cannula of the device under the skin. Laser energy is delivered to the fat cells, causing them to liquefy. This liquefied fat is then gently suctioned out. With FDA approved Smartlipo Triplex device, the procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis.
Recovery after Surgery
Patient may be advised to wear a knee compression garment for about 10 days following surgery, as this will help control swelling and compress the skin to your new body contours. Patients are required to follow the surgeon’s instructions carefully to ensure smooth recovery after the surgery. Here are some of the general guidelines relating to recovery after knee liposuction:
• Keep the legs raised on a pillow for a few days after the treatment to reduce the swelling.
• Use a cane to move around during the initial days.
• To avoid chances of infection, change the bandages on a regular basis and keep the area dry.
• Lightly massage your lower legs from the ankle towards the knee a few times a day, for a few minutes to improve blood and lymphatic circulation in the area.
• Perform light exercises like calf raises and heels lift every day.
• Never bend your knees, avoid running, and performing strenuous lower body exercise till you recover fully.
• Take your medication on time as advised by the surgeon.
Find a Qualified Surgeon
Do the research well and find a qualified surgeon who has experience in performing laser liposuction of the knees. A reliable surgeon will inform you about the risks and benefits associated with the procedure which will help you take an informed decision. Having the treatment in a reliable AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice will ensure personalized care through all the stages of treatment and recovery.