SmartLipo Triplex — An Effective Option for Liposuction on Back
According to American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), liposuction ranked second among the top five cosmetic surgical procedures performed in the United States in 2016, a 6% increase from 2015. Although traditional liposuction techniques are considered effective and safe, laser liposuction involves much less surgical trauma and reduced recovery time. It is an ideal option for stubborn fat in areas such as the back and abdomen and to address love handles, fleshy muffin tops, and other aesthetic concerns.
Liposuction on Back
The pinchable areas on your back, love handles and muffin tops are stubborn fat deposits that are resistant to even rigorous diets and exercise. Fat deposits in these areas can have a visibly negative impact on a person’s appearance and is a greater concern among women. Fortunately, liposuction can address stubborn fat deposits in the area. Since the back is a sensitive area, liposuction on back should be planned and executed carefully using appropriate techniques.
Currently, laser liposuction is one of the best options to reduce localized fat deposits. This treatment, performed using the FDA-approved Smartlipo Triplex workstation, is minimally-invasive and involves only local anesthesia. It removes fat cells and coagulates the tissues using laser energy. The laser energy melts the excess fat so that it can be easily suctioned off through small incisions. This workstation has three laser wavelengths, 1064nm, 1320nm and 1440nm, which can be used in both single and blended modes. The key benefits of Smartlipo for back liposuction are:
• Is minimally invasive and requires only local anesthesia
• Removes disproportionate fat safely and efficiently
• Procedure can usually be completed in a hour
• Removes stubborn fat and simultaneously tightens the area
• Less pain and discomfort
• Most patients can return to work or normal activity within 24 to 48 hours
• Results are long-lasting, provided you maintain a stable weight with a healthy lifestyle
To be a good candidate for laser lipo, you need to fulfil the following considerations:
• Be close to your ideal weight and have firm, elastic skin and good muscle
• Should be healthy without any life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
• Refrain from smoking
• Have realistic expectations about the outcome
• Follow your surgeon’s instructions prior to and after the procedure. Wear a compression garment for long as recommended to reduce swelling. Quit smoking until your incision is completely healed and you are back to normal. Performing light exercise after the procedure can improve blood circulation, but don’t work out until the surgeon says you can.
• Keep a close watch for signs of infection and other surgical risks, which your surgeon will discuss in detail before the procedure. Loss of sensation at the treatment site is fairly common and may last up to a year after the treatment.
• Keep your follow-up appointments with your surgeon as it help ensure that your recovery and healing is progressing as it should.
Liposuction on love handles or back can be combined with abdominal liposuction for effective results.
Choose an Experienced Liposuction Surgeon
AAAASF accredited plastic surgery facilities offer laser liposuction in New York City. For safe treatment and optimal outcomes, choose a reliable facility with surgeons who are experts in Smartlipo procedures. An expert surgeon will evaluate your concerns and goals, and provide you with a customized solution.