Rockin’ (Design) Patent — Yamaha Corporation’s “Electronic Keyboard”
- Rockin’ (Design) Patent: US Design Patent No. D761,348
- Filed: 14 April 2015
- In the name of: Yamaha Corporation
- Title: Electronic Keyboard
- What’s claimed: “The ornamental design for an electronic keyboard, as shown and described.”
- Why this (design) patent rocks:
- Unlike utility patents, design patents (also called “registered designs”) protect the way all or part of a product looks rather than how it works. This is why the claim here refers to the “ornamental design” for an electronic keyboard “as shown”.
Originally published at patentsrockblog.wordpress.com on August 22, 2016.