What Are The Top 5 Hosted eCommerce Platforms?
It is easy to see how eCommerce platforms are ever-changing. Because there are several options that are out there today, you need to determine exactly which one is going to suit you best. While there has been some contention as to self-hosted eCommerce software that is best and the hosted space filling out, things are really beginning to heat up.
These are the top hosted eCommerce platforms that are great for anyone who is undecided:
This is an option that remains to be the most famous of all online shopping cart tools. It is wildly popular with smaller shops because this is the market that Shopify looks to serve.
Benefits — A reason that Shopify is so successful is that the app store makes it easy to expand the abilities for your default web store. You will find hundreds of apps, which is more than any of the competition. It also brings to the table a vast selection of professional themes.
Shopify has the abandoned cart recovery feature that will send out a reminder to the customer if they didn’t check out. However, this is an option that is only available when you are paying $79 each month or more.
There is also unlimited bandwidth and products, which may not be as common as you thought.
- Easy integration with fulfillment centers, shipping carriers and dropshipping companies
- Mobile app for managing your store and accepting patients
- Point of sale system for handling transactions in the physical shop
- Shopify experts assist with store set up
- Pricing begins at $29/month for the more important features, however there is the Shopify Lite program with limited features starting at just $9/month
In the “top million sites” category, BigCommerce happens to be the most popular online shopping cart. This means it is popular for the small to medium web stores and it offers more of the features to help you grow sales over just about any of the other software options for shopping carts on the market.
Benefits — Even though the pricing seems to be similar to Shopify, the feature set is a bit better with each plan. The features such as real time quotes for shipping, 24 hour support via chat, mail and phone, or gift cards are all included in the basic plan for just $29.95/month. You still have to upgrade to a pricier plan if you want abandoned cart recovery.
The nice thing about the pricing is that you will never need more than the $79.95/month Gold Plan, as it comes with all of the features that you need, along with unlimited storage, products and bandwidth.
- 24/7 support assistance
- Trust store certification assistance with Google
- Integrate easily with Google Shopping, eBay and more
- The pricing begins at just $29.95/month for most features, with an unlimited everything plan for $79.95/month
This is the second most used shopping cart online, just after the Yahoo Store. It is highly sought after in all ranges, from the major 10,000 sites all across the internet.
Benefits — This is the ‘cheapest’ cart that has the abandoned cart recovery feature, as this comes in the starter plan at just $15/moth. This is a plan that will give you everything you need when you want to test the waters. It is limited for just 100 products as well as 1GB of data use, but it includes all the right features to get started.
With a Pro Plan, you are going to get professional features for $75/month
- Built in option for Deal of the Day
- Built in loyalty program, for MyRewards
- Amazon and eBay integration
- The pricing is just $15/month for what is a good starter plan, however the best features are in the $75/month plan
This is basically a free website builder and Wix has been getting very popular and is funded aggressively. What most people do not realize is that it also has eCommerce features as part of the premium packages.
Benefits — While the eCommerce with Wix may not impress on features, there will be plenty to get the store up and running. What sets this apart from the rest is the brilliant design interface, which can be used to help position each element of your site in whatever color you want.
If you are selling a limited amount of products, you can take the time to create beautiful sales pages in an easier way than with any other tool.
- Easy set up and low pricing, just right for getting started
- Visual editor including template reference and live examples
- Only pay the monthly fee, no transaction costs
- You will get the most value when paying just over $120 for the full year
This is one of the lesser known solutions for ecommerce web development, yet it is loaded with features. It also comes with features that are built just for web designers if you are doing research for one of your clients.
Benefits — There are no transaction fees here, which is a nice plus. 3dcart has both a mobile front and back end. It also has a full suite of services that are web store related just like Facebook marketing or SEO. This is not common for shopping cart providers, but this is something that can be helpful. It is best to look at the other pages that are available on the side as there are notable resources like shopping search engine comparison, etc.
While you get a wealth of features in a starter plan, it is still limited to just 4,000 visitors and just 100 products, which will equal roughly 20 visits per product. This is not going to give you enough for a nice conversion rate and even when you are paying $120 plus a month, you are only going to get 90,000 visitors, which is not a whole lot. The High Traffic Plus plan will allow up to 500,000 visitors, but the cost comes in at just under $500 a month.
- Helpful for web designers, including the option for selling re-branded stores and a vast permission system
- Numerous shipping options, much more than the competition
- Many more features even with the starter plan
- The cost of the starter plan is just $19.99/month, but you are going to be looking at $99.99/month for a popular web store.