5 Apps every photographer should use.
Technology moves at an incredible pace and it’s almost impossible to keep up with the speed of change. Here at SODA we’ve made a little list of apps that make our life easier on a daily basis.
- Find any File — This is like the best search tool I’ve ever used. Sometimes finding lost images can be a nightmare but this little app is by far the greatest tool ever made by man. Makes apples own search look like a toddler…
- Gemini — Sometimes we create multiple versions of the same file, and if like me that means having 10 versions of each JPEG then this app will be your hero. It basically searches for duplicates and makes it easy to view, and delete the ones you don’t need. It has a RAW viewer built in so you don’t have to leave the app to check the images. GREAT… Use this before you every buy another hard drive.
- Photomechanic — If you need to sort and rate a lot of images, photo mechanic is your “Usain Bolt.” It makes Lightoom seem like and elderly grandad by comparison. You can then drag your rated images into Lightoom for processing making the whole process of editing images about 50 % quicker.
- Itsycal — Its a super little calendar that sits in your toolbar. It’s got lots of nice little shortcut keys so adding appointments is also super easy.
- Backblaze — We use this for our backups. You install an app, choose the drive(s) and let backblaze do the rest. We’ve been using this for the past 3 years and have to say it’s great. It does take quite some time to backup your data to the cloud (depending on your internet speed + how much data you have) but it works, and it works really well.