2019: Trading & Market Holidays
Here’s the list of trading (market) holidays for 2019 as announced by NSE & BSE.
Holidays that fall over weekend (Saturday or Sunday)
- Republic Day: January 26, 2019 (Saturday)
- Ram Navmi: April 13, 2019 (Saturday)
- Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Jayanti: April 14, 2019 (Sunday)
- Diwali: October 27, 2019 (Sunday)
What this means for you?
As investors, these holidays could affect your investments, in the following ways:
- NAV Applicability
If you place an investment on a trading holiday, for example on Thursday, August 15, 2019, the NAV (Net Asset Value) which you get would be of the next working day, that is Friday, August 16, 2019. The same applies to redemption requests as well.
- Unit Allotment
If you place an investment on a trading holiday, for example on Thursday, August 15, 2019, the allotment of mutual fund units would happen after 2 working days i.e by Monday, August 19, 2019. The same applies to redemption requests as well.
- An investment done on August 15, 2019 (Thursday), will have an
- NAV applicable as on August 16, 2019 (Friday), and
- Units Allotment as on August 19, 2019 (Monday)
If you have any feedback or queries, please reach out to us by raising a query on the app, or write to us at email@example.com.