Climate change: A 21st Century Awareness UI/UX case study by interns
Climate change affects everywhere and everyone. It’s not specific to a country or place, that’s why it’s also referred to as global warming.
It is simply the change or surge/drop-in normal temperatures.
The release of harmful gases into the atmosphere by oil companies, mining, or fossil-fueled cars causes the greenhouse effect.
The greenhouse effect is when lots of gases released by these many companies and cars are stuck in the air and therefore trap heat from the sun, thereby making the surface temperature of the earth increase geometrically over the coming years.
From late February-late March, Nigeria experience extreme temperatures as never seen before.
States with an average of 35 degrees Celsius, recorded an all-new high of 42 degrees Celsius. If companies and government regulations are not in play, soon the surface temperatures of the earth would become uninhabitable for human existence.
1. What is the problem identified: Climate change; Humans have been burning fossil fuels to power their daily activities.
2. Who is experiencing the problem: Children, women, men, senior citizens. In general, humans and the planet earth are being affected by this problem.
3. Where does the problem present itself: The problem is directed towards health sectors, voluntary organizations, the government, the community, and individuals to seat down and create solutions on a physical or digital level.
4. Why does it matter: So far, it has led to increasing respiratory diseases such as asthma, heatstroke, dehydration, migraine, and skin irritation. It has been recorded that air pollution kills an estimated 7 million people worldwide, every year according to the world health organization. It has also led to an increase in the frequency and strength of extreme events such as floods, droughts, and storms, threatening human health and safety.
This problem if not properly attended to, will have a long-term negative impact on the environment and society at large.
As a group of interns working together as a team, we set out to resolve a problem space within our environment which is climate change.
Our solution is to design a product we have termed Greenfield that makes climate change information-search and dispersion easier.
In curating and delivering the most comprehensive information surrounding climate change, our solution will be a product that is useful, usable, enjoyable, and delightful. This product will;
1. Create awareness among the general public about climate change.
2. Provide regular updates and news on different climate conditions and issues happening around the world.
3. Providing daily tips and hacks on how to combat climate change.
4. Allows people to connect with other people and industry experts near them and all over the world to discuss and share information about climate change.
5. Possess a climate and weather tracker to check the current weather and temperature in different locations.