Marathon, we have a date tomorrow
We haven’t seen for months and I miss you. When someone asks me the why I have no answer, but our dates are very special. This time, the meeting point, Barcelona, the weather, perfect, and I’m looking forward to it. I don’t care about the time, I don’t care about not improving my last record, but I care about something, enjoy. Enjoy the beauty of running, enjoying the city and the people I run with, and overall, enjoy and discover myself as a person. 42 Km of fulfilling experiences that I’ll live again tomorrow.
- When you feel very nervous when you’re about to start running.
- When you start running and think about these 42 Km ahead.
- When you start and think it’s going to be easy this time (dreamer).
- When you think you can do it better and you push yourself in the first kilometers.
- When you meet people and share experiences with them.
- When your favorite song starts playing and you feel like Stalone in Rocky.
- When you hear someone saying “Go Pedro! You can!”
- When you try to follow someone who’s faster than you and you end up regretting.
- When you have energy to share and you do it because you know that others might need it.
- When you don’t have energy and they share theirs with you.
- When your legs become heavier.
- When you discover pains that you didn’t know you have.
- When you think you can’t and you prove yourself that you can.
- When you pass the kilometer 30 and the coming kilometers seem to be slower.
- When you pass the kilometer 40 and you know it’s only about an extra effort.
- When you think about the beer that is waiting for you in the finish line.
- When you cross the finish line.
And when you finish and start thinking when it’s going to be your next one. Because since we had our first date in Berlin, I became addicted to you dear Marathon.