How to edit or delete your comments/responses on Medium.com (in 2019)
I decided I create a short post about this because it took me a very long time to figure this out. If you make a typo in your comment/response you can’t easily edit or delete them at the usual places where you would expect — in the reader page. Instead you have to initiate this from an unexpected location:
- You have to click on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Click on “Stories” in the drop down menu.
- On this page you will have multiple tabs if you also have drafts, so select the tab that says “Published (X)” — where X will be the number of published articles AND comments.
- On this tab you will see each of your comments/responses as a separate story, as if they were separately published articles themselves! For your responses there is no extra title, so the first line of the response will show instead. Under the first line, you see the date it was published, then the length (e.g. “1 min read”), followed by a down arrow “v”. Click on the down arrow.
- Click on “Edit story” in the drop down menu if you want to edit, or “Delete story” if you want to delete your comment.
- And now you are taken to an editor page where you can edit your comment again.
Well, this was anything but straightforward to figure out.