Outlook to Lotus Notes Migration Tool Free Download & Convert PST to NSF
IBM Lotus Notes supports the database of NSF (Notes Storage Facility). IBM Notes stores the notes in document which is named as Notes. It consists of the necessary information of Lotus Notes accounts like email, contacts, user data, to-do lists, and many more. Notes storage facility of Lotus Notes is hosted by Domino Server, and is easily downloaded in offline mode by the users. Master database present in Domino Server synchs the change done by the user which may include modifying, editing of text and many more.
A Personal Folders file (.pst) is a MS Outlook data file. It stores the messages and other items on system. It is widely used file by home users or in small organizations. Users use an Internet service provider to connect to internet. The ISP provides one or more than one email account. The common types of accounts used are — POP3 and IMAP. HTTP is another type of web-based account that works same as that of IMAP email account. All account use .pst files.
Need of Outlook to Lotus Notes Migration
Lotus Notes is well-organized program suite that offers users with a large variety of attributes including mails. Its main functionality is very unique and it depends on the Domino Server. Many times, there occurs a situation where users need to access entries present in MS Outlook address book in Lotus Notes. This situation gives birth to an issue as both the application supports different file formats. MS Outlook stores files in Personal folder (.pst) where as Lotus Notes supports NSF file to save the data. So, if one needs to convert Outlook PST to Lotus Notes NSF file format, there are many methods with the help of which one can perform Outlook to Lotus Notes migration. One can either stick to manual method or give a try to an expert solution for the same.
Summarized Features of Outlook to Notes Migration
- Convert Outlook PST Files to NSF: Outlook to Lotus Notes converter allows the user migration of mailboxes from Outlook to IBM Lotus Notes. Users can easily transfer the items from Outlook PST files like mails, to-do lists, calendars, address books, journals to Lotus Notes. It even keeps the meta-data intact like CC, To, Bcc, contact name, dates, mail ids, meeting alerts, attachments, appointments, etc.
- Import Few Selective Items: Convert PST to NSF tool provides the users with an option to import desirable items to an Outlook Profile. It includes conversion of data items like mails, address books, notes, tasks and many more to IBM Lotus Notes. Users can easily check/uncheck the data items to be exported from Outlook to Notes.
- Filter Mails by Date Easily: One can easily import all the selective mails from MS Outlook to Lotus Notes email client. The tool provides the user with a date filter option. Users can select a particular range of date using From and To date option for converting the mails. This saves the time of exporting files in time of need.
- Filtering Calendar via Date Option: While shifting the calendars from MS Outlook to Lotus Notes, one can easily set a particular date range. All the users need to do is set a particular range of date. Using this option, it becomes easy to convert the calendars of desired range. The software can easily transfer the calendars using the recurrence calendar created by users.
- Apply Task Filter Option Available: Outlook Task is an important item when used for scheduled work. Users can easily export the tasks from MS Outlook and shift the Notes and then apply the filter to it. The utility keeps all the information as it is and save the data from Notes Task Folder.
- Retains the Internal Structure of Files: While migrating the files from Outlook to Notes, the tool easily maintains the original folder structure of files/folders. The PST to NSF converter does not change anything inside the folder. The hierarchy of the Outlook PST files does not change after conversion from resultant NSF file.
- New Folder Option Available to Save Files: In spite of giving an option to save the PST files to a particular location, the Outlook to Lotus Notes migration provides an option to save the files to a new folder. The folder can be saved to any location present on a desired folder. In this way, users can easily save the resultant NSF file to a separate location on an organized storage.
- Provides Deleted Items Folders Exclude Option: Once completed the entire process, users can easily delete the exported files/ folders. The deleted emails from Outlook, it gets saved to a deleted item folder and usually do not empty the folders. This results in oversized PST file size. So, excluding folders option is required.
Specification of the System
- Operable on all Windows Operating System
- GHZ processor is required but 2.4 GHz is necessary
- GB RAM is recommended
- 5 MB free Hard Disk space required
- Proper Installation of Lotus Notes to Convert PST to NSF
- MS Outlook configured properly for Outlook to Notes migration
- While using Windows 8.1/8/7 or Vista Run the tool as Admin
Wrapping It Up
The Outlook to Lotus Notes migration tool is easy to install and use by default and custom settings. Its best part of that the tool is easily operable on all Lotus Notes edition. The software is very smooth in terms of conversion. The PST to NSF converter is available in both paid and demo version.