Sinusitis — Meaning, Types and Treatment
Sinusitis is basically a inflammation, or swelling of the tissue lining the sinuses that are filled with air. When sinuses become filled with fluid, bacteria can grow there, causing common cold, allergic rhinitis (swelling of the lining of the nose), nasal polyps (small growths in the lining), or a deviated septum (a shift in the nasal cavity).
Here are some symptoms of sinusitis. However, these symptoms are common during cold, but if they continue for more than 10 days, you possibly have a sinus infection.
- Thick, yellow, foul-smelling discharge from the nose
- Blockage in the nose
- Post-nasal drip
- Fever or cough
- Pressure or pain around the face and eyes
- Severe headache
This section of the article briefs you about different treatments available for sinusitis.
These are standard treatment for bacterial sinusitis. Depending on the type, an antibiotic can be prescribed for 3 to 28 days to treat sinuses. Longer treatment may be prescribed for patients with chronic sinus problem.
Nasal decongestant sprays
A patient can use topical nasal decongestants. These spray help shrink swollen nasal passages, ensuring the flow of drainage from the sinuses.
Antihistamines are quite effective treatment. They act by blocking the inflammation caused by an allergic reaction.
Nasal decongestants and antihistamines
Nasal decongestants and antihistamines are effective for treating the nasal congestion, runny nose, and sneezing that are caused by common colds and hay fever.
Topical nasal corticosteroid sprays
Topical nasal corticosteroid sprays prevent inflammation and swelling in the nasal passages and sinus openings. Further, the sprays shrink and help prevent reoccurrence of nasal polyps.
Nasal saline washes
The washes help clear thickened secretions from the nasal passages. When it comes to nasal washes for sinusitis, Nasopure Nasal Wash is highly recommended. It has natural ingredients that help improve sinus health, without any side effects.
- Regular use of a saline nasal helps treat sinusitis while keeping sinus clear and clean.
- Have a glance at some of the benefits of saline washes.
- Regular use improves nasal and sinus health
- Clears out thick mucus and help nasal congestion by thinning secretions
- Helps avert respiratory infections
- Relieves nasal dryness
- Improves smell of breath
- Improves nose bleeding
- Relaxes nasal tissue stressed by radiation therapy
- More relaxed breathing while alleviating breathing difficulties caused by Cystic Fibrosis, and others.
For more information about treatments for sinusitis and its treatments, approach your doctor. Further, you can buy Nasopure in UK through reputed online stores at affordable prices.