Best 5 Tips for Writing Statement of Purpose for PhD in Finance
Why Is Your Statement of Purpose for PhD in Finance Applications So Important?
Finance PhD programs are limited in number when compared to the number of applicants so your application will need to be very special if you want to get that place. One of the most important parts of your application will be your statement of purpose. The reason for this is that your competition is likely to have just as good and qualifications as you do so the only way that you are going to make yourself stand out is through what you write within your statement of purpose. Writing an outstanding statement however is far from easy. It has to tell the reader exactly what they want to know about you and show how good a fit you are to their program.
It also needs to be written in perfect English if you want to get their attention and have them read what you have to say. The following tips will help you to ensure that your statement of purpose for PhD programs in finance is written perfectly:
- Don’t Use the Same Statement of Purpose for All of Your Applications
Just like applying for a job you want to show that your applications meets all of their expectations as quickly as possible as they read. So you do not want to clutter your application with information that they are not interested in that then obscures them from seeing what they do need to know. Your statement of purpose just like your CV for PhD application should be carefully tailored to ensure that it specifically reflects what they want from an applicant.
- Tell Them What They Want to Know About You
There are several areas that they will always want to know about within your statement of purpose for finance and you must ensure that you cover them fully. These are:
- Show why you are interested in finance and how you have pursued that interest
- Show what research you have already done and what you have achieved
- Indicate the areas that you may want to study with your PhD
- Show that you have the skills required to do research at this level
- Show what your future career plans may be
- Give a good reason for applying to this finance PhD program rather than another
- Get Their Attention
While what you write is important so is how you actually write it. The committee is going to read many applications and if you want to be successful you have got to make your statement of purpose attention grabbing right from the start. To make it stand out and get their attention it is best to open with a hook; this should be an interesting and relevant anecdote or even an interesting statistic around your field. Do not however use shock tactics or quotations for your opening.
The statement of purpose while factual needs to also flow like a story. You have to work on your transitions so that it has a logical flow and reads well so that the reader does not break off.
- Avoid the Many Writing Mistakes You Can Make
Reading so many applications is tiring and there are many things that should be avoided within your writing if you do not want the reader to put your statement down and move onto the next:
- Do not use words that may not be understood: avoid acronyms, slang, and “clever” words from your thesaurus
- Don’t repeat information that is elsewhere in your application
- Do not make any statements that are obvious
- Don’t use any form of clichés
- If it is not relevant to your application do not include it
- Write concisely: never use more words than you need
- Do not exceed your word count
- Talk about you and your future plans not about others
- Do not talk negatively about anywhere or anyone
- Do not lie or exaggerate your ability
- Do not plagiarize
- Revise and Edit Very Thoroughly
A single spelling mistake could give the impression that you did not care enough to check your work. So it is very important that you always check everything very carefully to ensure that your writing reads perfectly and contains no errors at all. Read the statement out loud so that you can hear exactly how it sounds and ask others for their opinions and to check for errors if possible.
We Can Write Your Finance PhD Statement of Purpose
Not everyone is capable of writing that exceptional attention grabbing statement of purpose which is why you may want to use our experts. We use only the best writers and employ over 200 experts across a variety of different disciplines from finance to mathematics PhD online. When you come to us you will benefit from:
- A writer with a PhD in finance
- Highly experienced in applications
- Fully aware of application requirements
- Confidential help
- Direct communication with your writer
- Plagiarism testing
- Proofreading o avoid errors
- On time delivery
- Unlimited revisions
- Guaranteed satisfaction or your money back