Master the Art Of Writing Statement of Purpose for PhD in Engineering with These 5 Tips
How Important Is Your Statement of Purpose for PhD in Engineering?
If you are applying to study for a PhD in engineering then you can be sure that your grades and qualifications are going to be pretty good, and so will those of all of the other applicants that are applying. So how do you make yourself stand out from those other applicants? Well the simple answer is through writing an attention grabbing and highly focused statement of purpose. Your statement of purpose is your chance to explain to the admissions committee just who you are and why you are going to be such a great addition to their program. If you can make yourself stand out then you will almost certainly get chosen over someone with a less well written statement.
However writing that outstanding and perfectly focused statement of purpose to apply for a PhD in engineering education or any other branch is not that easy. The following tips will help you to stand out through your PhD personal statement:
- Target Your Place
Many applicants make the mistake of using the same statement of purpose and resume for each and every place that they are applying to. If you really want that place you will need to ensure that your statement of purpose is tailored specifically to it so that you clearly show your interest and your suitability for their program. So carefully read their literature and website so that you fully understand what they are looking for from each PhD student so that you can be sure to reflect what they want through your statement. Also try to find specific reasons why their program is the one that you want so that you can clearly show that you have taken the time to research what they offer and how your goals and theirs align.
- Get Their Attention
While this is a PhD in engineering that you are applying to you want your personal statement to read well and to get their attention fully. It must get them wanting to read and find out about you right from the opening lines. Find an interesting hook that will reel them in; this is usually a relevant personal anecdote or interesting related fact. Do not however go overboard with shock tactics or use quotations as they want to hear your words.
The rest of your statement must also flow logically so that it draws the reader along without them realizing. It has to read like a story and they should be left with the conclusion that you are an ideal candidate when they have finished reading.
- Tell Them What They Want to Know
While you need to tell a bit of a story about yourself you also need to cover some important areas that they will want to know about you:
- Why is it that you want to study engineering to this level?
- How are you ideally suited to your studies in engineering?
- What have you already done to prove your research abilities?
- Where do you see your research taking you?
- What are your ultimate career plans?
- Why specifically are you applying here?
- Avoid Writing Errors That Will Distract Your Reader
How you write is just as important as what you write within your statement of purpose. So ensure that you follow these simple tips:
- Don’t use clichés or make any form of obvious statements
- Use language that is appropriate; avoid overly complex words, acronyms or slang
- Be concise and to the point
- Don’t mention facts that are not relevant to your application
- Never use humor of any kind
- Be honest; don’t lie or exaggerate
- Write about yourself and your goals; not others
- Never plagiarize within your statement
- Make Your Writing Perfect
Rarely will your first draft be what you want to submit. Be prepared to revise and edit your work several times and then proofread it so that you are sure that it is written perfectly and contains no errors at all.
We Can Help with Your Statement of Purpose PhD Engineering
We offer a highly professional and very experienced writing service that can help to ensure that your statement of purpose will give you the greatest chances of acceptance. Whether it’s personal statement for PhD in engineering or online PhD computer science we guarantee that you’ll be satisfied. Through us you gain all of the following advantages:
- Highly affordable writing and editing services
- PhD qualified editors and writers
- Proofreading on all services to ensure error free work
- Plagiarism testing with a free report
- Confidential services in all respects
- On time delivery within your deadline
- Guaranteed satisfaction or your money back