Statement of Purpose for Chemical Engineering PhD Programs Secrets
How Hard Is It to Get onto Chemical Engineering PhD Programs?
Places on PhD programs for chemical engineering are limited and you will find yourself having to compete against some very well qualified individuals to gain a place. This will mean that your application will need to be outstanding if you are going to stand out from them. What many applicants do not realize however is that their statement of purpose is often the key to be selected.Many of your competition are going to have very similar backgrounds and grades to you so there will be little to choose between you.
This is where your personal statement comes in: if well written it can ensure that decisions will be made in your favor. However getting that statement of purpose for PhD chemical engineering applications written perfectly is not going to be easy. The following sections will help you to ensure that your statement is the best that it can be:
Cover What They Need to Read in Your Statement of Purpose
If you want to get noticed and seen as an ideal applicant then your statement of purpose will need to reflect exactly what the reader is looking for. While this does not mean writing what you think they want to hear it does mean doing your research to find out exactly what they value in an applicant and tailoring your statement accordingly to reflect this. A generic type statement and resume can fail to target the program well enough and show how well you match their requirements.
In addition to ensuring that it is carefully tailored you must also ensure that your statement if purpose also covers the following areas:
- Explain why it is that you are interested in chemical engineering
- Show what research you have already completed and what you have discovered
- Indicate what areas you may wish to investigate within your PhD and why
- Show that you have the skills needed to do the research
- Explain where you expect your career to take you
- Show a good reason for attending their program and not another
Write Your SoP Perfectly
Getting noticed is not just about writing what they want to hear. You have to be able to engage your readers with a well written and error free personal statement that will get their attention right from the start. The following writing advice will help you to create a well written statement that is going to be read from start to finish. These are general suggestions, they work for personal statement for PhD in chemical engineering as good as for PhD in accounting programs:
- Open with a hook that will get the reader’s attention right from the opening line: do not employ shock tactics however or use quotations.
- Only write about what is relevant to gaining you a place.
- Do not repeat any information that you have provided elsewhere.
- Never make obvious statements within your writing.
- Make every word count: write concisely without filler.
- Do not use acronyms, slang of overly long unusual words: use everyday language that all will understand.
- Be truthful: never lie or bend the truth to appear a better candidate
- Never plagiarize and always talk about yourself.
- Don’t use quotations or clichés in your writing.
Once your writing is completed ensure that you carefully proofread what you have created to ensure that there are no errors in your writing. Errors can tell the reader that maybe you are not quite as eager to join their program as you say you are.
Guaranteed Help with Your PhD Chemical Engineering Application
From providing you with a sample statement of purpose for PhD in chemical engineering to helping you with writing and editing services we can ensure that your SoP or a PhD letter of intent will get you noticed. We offer our services through staff that are all native English speakers and hold PhD degrees within the areas in which they provide support. They work with you directly to ensure the best results and we fully test everything to ensure that all writing is unique and that there are no errors.