The Ultimate Guide to Accounting PhD Statement of Purpose Writing
The Importance of Your Accounting PhD Statement of Purpose
Not many applicants to PhD in accounting programs or PhD programs in finance realize the true value of having a well written statement of purpose or personal statement. Because of the qualifications and grades that you are likely to have there is going to be little that can differentiate you from the other applicants and as such your statement can often be the deciding factor in your selection or otherwise. So writing that perfect statement of purpose for accounting PhD programs is vital.
Achieving the level required however is not at all easy and many applicants will struggle with the task. The following tips will help you to fully understand what you need to do to ensure that you get your statement to make you stand out.
Say the Right Things in Your Statement of Purpose
There are only a few things that the committee want to understand about you and you need to ensure that you cover those points while demonstrating that you fully meet their expectations. You should never use a generic style statement that you use for every application. You should always research the program and write your statement of purpose to reflect what they are looking for. In addition you must always cover the following:
- Why you want to study Accounting at this level
- What have you researched through to now and what have you discovered
- Show that you have the required skills to complete research at this level
- Indicate where you are likely to do your research
- Show what your ambitions are once you have achieved your PhD
- Give a specific reason for applying to their program rather than another
Write Your Accounting Statement of Purpose Perfectly
Not only must you ensure that you write what the reader wants to see you must also make sure that you write it in a manner that is going to get you noticed. The following simple to follow tips will help you to ensure that your writing gets and keeps their attention:
- Open your statement with a hook: this needs to be a relevant and attention grabbing anecdote or fact that will make them want to read on to discover more about what you have to say.
- Write in your own words: do not plagiarize, use quotations or use clichés.
- Use simple language that everyone can understand; do not use acronyms, slang or unusual words.
- Be relevant: if it will not help you get a place don’t include it.
- Do not repeat anything that you have written elsewhere or state the obvious.
- Keep to the word count at all times.
- Be concise in your writing: do not use more words than you need to.
- Avoid all forms of humor: it rarely works and may be taken the wrong way.
- Never talk about others, this is about you.
- Make sure that your statement flows like a story from start to finish.
- Proofread and edit what you have written until it is perfect.
We Can Help with Your PhD Statement of Purpose
Our services are highly professional and very specialized and we can provide you with the help that you need to ensure that your personal statement or a cover letter PhD in accounting is done perfectly. Our staff hold PhDs in relevant fields and know precisely what the acceptance committee are looking for from your application. They can provide you with editing and writing services and all work done is tested for plagiarism and proofread to the highest of standards. Our services offer guaranteed satisfaction or your money back.