TOP 5 TOOLS TO CONVERT YOUTUBE TO VIDEO ON MAC FOR FREE
Youtube is an exciting platform for streaming and watching videos, but there are times you’ll want to download them to your Mac computer for a number of reasons. For instance, you may want to burn the video to a DVD and store it in your archives or watch them offline. You probably love listening to audio while driving meaning you will have to download the YouTube video and convert it to audio.
So how should you go about this? Getting the right YouTube to video converter mac tool would start you off well. Convert YouTube to video using plenty of tools that won’t cost you anything. The 5 programs you can use to convert Youtube videos on Mac are MacX Video Converter Free Edition, ClipGrab, Handbrake, iSkysoft iTube Studio for Mac, and YTD Video Downloader for Mac.
1. MacX Video Converter Free Edition (Link to Program: http://macx-video-converter-free-edition.en.softonic.com/mac
Link to screenshot https://www.macxdvd.com/mac-video-converter-free/)
Although some people may be unfamiliar with MacX Video Converter Free Edition, the app has become more popularity. The full-featured YouTube to Video Converter Mac app can convert a wide range of video formats including regular video formats such as MP4, AVI, MPEG, MOV, FLV, DivX, etc., and HD videos such as M2TS and AVCHD.
· The free converter allows users to enjoy videos on QuickTime Player. It converts YouTube Videos to MP4 or MOV formats before allowing for further conversion into video formats that are most suitable to your needs.
· With MacX Video Converter Free Edition, users can convert YouTube to Video on Mac with more than 360 preset profiles for other devices.
· After successful conversion of videos, users are able to transfer the video to iPod, iPad (Pro or Mini 4), and iPhone (iPhone SE, iOS 10 iPhone 6S Plus) using the MacX Media Trans. Tool.
· Apart from downloading and conveting You Tube videos, the app allows for editing and trimming of the videos.
· High quality of converted video as well as high conversion speed.
2. Handbrake (Link to Program: https://handbrake.fr/) (Link to screenshot: http://www.macworld.com/article/1059605/software-graphics/handbrake.html)
Handbrake is a free YouTube to video Mac converting tool that is versatile and converts practically all types of video sources for users. With the tool, users can rip and convert YouTube Videos on their Mac.
· Users can manage their video library since Handbrake converts videos on Mac for any popular mobile player including Apple TV, iPad, PSP, iPad and many more.
· Very simple to use
· Generally, the quality of converted videos using the app is good.
· Regarding stability, handbrake displays some relative weakness and may at times break the conversion process. Handbrake V0.9.2 is the only version that users can rely on to convert YouTube to video Mac formats such as MP4 and AVI.
· The program settings often discourage users since they are somehow confusing.
Users who need a stable and versatile YouTube to video converter mac tool can, therefore, use the MacX Video Converter Free Edition.
3. iSkysoft iTube Studio for Mac. (Link to Program and screenshot: https://www.iskysoft.com/itube-studio-windows.html)
You can use this app to download videos from YouTube and more than 10, 000 other video sharing sites. iSkysoft iTube Studio allows you to download your entire playlist and channel by enabling a Download All button.
· The app doesn’t only allow you to download videos but also convert them into about 153 media formats. Basically, it lets users enjoy their favorite viral video offline.
· After downloading the YouTube videos, iSkysoft iTube Studio will convert them to use with mobile phones and portable players including iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
· The app has an impressive menu which offers various format conversions ranging from the smallest video screen size to the highest Definition.
· With iSkysoft iTube Studio, users can convert YouTube to video Mac formats with fast speeds.
· The app can be used very easily and automatically converts YouTube to Videos Mac compatible formats.
· It allows users to save their favorite HD videos on YouTube to their Mac.
· It has a built-in media player
· It is a cross-platform app with 3 times faster download speed.
· It directly downloads YouTube videos to MP3.
· iSkysoft iTube Studio has a commercial license which goes at $29.00.
4. YTD Video Downloader for Mac (Link to Program and screenshot: http://www.ytddownloader.com/)
YTD Video Downloader for Mac is a free app offering all the features users need for streaming, downloading and converting YouTube Videos. It is easy to use YouTube to Video Mac converter tool that allows users to download videos from over fifty sites including YouTube, Facebook, and many others. The app has a simple menu where users can cut the downloaded video into any size they desire during conversion.
· The program’s main menu can easily be understood. It has three buttons which describe the key features of the program.
· It has extra options that make the YouTube to video converter mac tool very handy. Videos can be converted to various formats and cut into the desired sizes.
· YTD Video Downloader for Mac is simple and one of the best choices for users who prefer watching YouTube Videos offline.
· It supports a number of languages
· Users can integrate the video player and watch YouTube videos directly.
· YTD Video Downloader for Mac does not allow users to download and convert more than one file at the same time.
5. ClipGrab for Mac (Link to program: https://clipgrab.org/) (Screenshot: https://www.freeware.de/images/screenshot_slideshow/clipgrab-fuer-mac-os-screenshot-54e84a7aae8a4.jpeg)
ClipGrap enables users to not only download but also convert videos to MP3, OGG Vorbis, WMV, MPEG4, and OGG Theora. The app supports YouTube and many other video-sharing websites such as Vimeo, Clipfish, My Video, Dailymotion, Sevenload and many more. The app offers one of the best video downloading experience. The app is available in two different versions for Mac OS users: The default version and the legacy version. While the default version supports a 64-bit Intel Processor, the Legacy version supports older systems as well as 32-bit processors.
· The app allows users to save their best HD videos. Users should, however, ensure they select HD in the Quality menu.
· Supports downloading FLV and MPEG4 video files from You Tube without conversion.
· The application offers online support to users
· When a user copies a link to the clipboard, ClipGrab detects it and automatically downloads the Video. The app saves time by downloading videos faster.
· ClipGrab converts videos only on Intel Macs.
· It doesn’t have a screen capture tool
· Lacks an inbuilt video player
· The app can’t be integrated with web browsers.