Significance of milk thistle herbal supplements for liver health
Milk thistle is one herb that is highly beneficial to the liver. Well, what is milk thistle? It is a naturally occurring plant found in South Russia, South Europe, North America and Asia Minor. The herb has been in use for nearly 2000 years as a natural treatment for several disorders, especially liver and related problems. Milk thistle has a wide range of therapeutic properties and can treat problems related to liver, bile duct, and spleen.
What makes milk thistle highly beneficial is the bioflavonoid complex known as silymarin it contains. This ingredient is extracted from the seeds of the plant and is responsible for the therapeutic properties it possesses. Silymarin consists of three flavonoids namely Silybin, Silydianin, and Silychristin. Of these three, Silybin is the most active ingredient and is present in the extract obtained from milk thistle.
Milk thistle and liver health
Milk thistle has especially proven useful for treating diseases related to the liver. It is a cure for many liver disorders. It has been found beneficial in treating:
• Cirrhosis caused by excessive alcohol consumption
• Liver damage caused by drug abuse
• Viral hepatitis
• Chronic hepatitis
• Toxicity as a result of excessive and prolonged steroid use
• Treat non-alcoholic liver symptoms
• Condition of fibrosis
Other medical uses of milk thistle
Apart from symptoms associated with liver, it has also been found useful in treating a variety of non-liver diseases.
• It is beneficial for the heart as it lowers the level of cholesterol.
• It inhibits the growth of cancerous cells.
• Milk thistle prevents Alzheimer’s disease in adults.
• It reduces the sugar levels in the blood.
• It is helpful in treating mushroom poisoning.
• It acts as a natural sunscreen and is useful for treating a variety of skin diseases.
• It is a good cure for problems associated with the digestive system.
Milk thistle being a very mild herb, produces no side effects and can be used by anyone in need. However, it is better to seek the advice of a health care professional, especially when deciding on the brand.
Always choose to buy a standardized product such as Ultra Cleanse Super Milk Thistle 500 mg in which the proportion of the active ingredient to the inactive ingredient is clearly mentioned. Ultra Cleanse Super Milk Thistle 500 mg is manufactured as well as distributed by the industry leader Physician Naturals. The company ensures that only the purest and most organic form of milk thistle is used in the making of this wonder liver supplement. Besides, as the company distributes the products by itself, the customers get the benefit of low price without compromise with quality.