HoloChain (HOT) Review & Analysis — HoloChain ICO Review
Holochain enables a distributed web with user autonomy built directly into its architecture and protocols. Data is about remembering our lived and shared experiences. Distributing the storage and processing of that data can change how we coordinate and interact. With digital integration under user control, Holochain liberates our online lives from corporate control over our choices and information.
Holochain applications (hApps) are held entirely by people. No trusted third parties. No central points of failure. They enable direct architectural consent and cryptographic communication that are low risk, for less cost.
Each agent owns an immutable hash chain and stores public data as a monotonic DHT node. Think lightweight, secure decentralized computing possible on mobile devices!
Every application runs its own holochain on its own terms, with cheaper hosting overhead. Since users are hosts, as more agents use an app, more hosting power and storage becomes available. The load gets lighter!
- Decentralization with no bottlenecks and adaptable validation
- No centralized servers, no ledgers, and no middlemen
- Individual authority over data sharing, access, and storage
Each of us wants to have control over how and with whom we interact. In order to evolve and thrive, our communities must support everyone’s uniqueness. Yet today, our online relationships are dominated by centralized corporate web sites. HoloChain Aims To Change This
- HoloChain Is Different From Traditional Blockchain Technology. Using Techniques That Allow For Users To Run Their Own Signed Chains, Scalability And Speed Likely Won’t Be An Issue Anytime Soon.
- The Documentation Available For Developers Looking To Build On HoloChain Is Seriously Impressive. The Team Has Clearly Gone All Out On Providing Developers With The Necessary Tools To Get Started Right Out Of The Gate. The Documentation Is All Located At https://developer.holochain.org/
- The Holochain (HOT) Token Supply Is A Bit Up In The Air Right Now (April 2018). During Our Research We Have Seen Numbers Thrown Around of a Total Supply of 250 Billion, 25 Billion, 200 Billion, Etc. We Took a Look at the ERC20 Contract and It Looks Like the Total HOT Supply Is Closer to 177,619,433,541. According to Holochain, the Token Supply Will Fluctuate to Meet the Needs of the Network, This Obviously Has Investors a Bit Nervous. Hopefully the Team Can Make an Official Statement on This.
- Like Any New Technology, Holochain Is at the Mercy of Developers Adopting the Platform and Using It for Their Decentralized Applications. Competitors Such as Hashgraph Are Very Similar in Ways and There’s No Doubt More Competitors Are on Their Way. With the Flaws in Traditional Blockchain Technology Starting to Show, New Solutions Are Going to Compete for Adoption
Official HoloChain Links -