Product Content Management- A Highly Flexible Agile Solution to Leverage across Channels and Touch Points
Product Content management is the catch phrase of the moment and its kin — WCM, ECM, and FCM — the lamb of technology acronyms. Its predecessors naming — document management and insight knowledge management along with relative newcomer, digital asset management, nip at its heels as it leads the pack as the end-all and do-all for managing today’s information clamant and accompanying overload.
In order to manage our millions of products efficaciously, we have always been looking forward for a future-proof catalog structure that could enable us to not only grow online sales at much lower costs, but also implement a true multi-channel approach.
Fortunately, the evolution of Product Information Management (PIM) to Product Content Management (PCM) has reduced the complexities to distribute those products across a variety of channels, delivering consistent product data to key constituents.
Results, many organizations today rely on a centralized PCM solution to manage, update, consolidate, and distribute product data as part of a successful e-commerce strategy.
Let’s Un-Complicate the Definition of Product Content Management (PCM) From Forrester Research:
“Forrester defines PCM as the tasks of content creation, aggregation, categorization, scheduling, staging, publication, and syndication. Beyond the core product content assets, it also incorporates the assignment of attributes such as category, price, and promotion eligibility.
Syndicating the 10 Key Advantages of A PCM Solution at a Glance:
1. Management of all structured and unstructured content on a single platform.
2. Centralizes management of multiple data domains to reduce complexity and TCO.
3. Coordinates cross-organizational collaboration with integrated workflow to retain control of content creation and its distribution across channels.
4. Improves customer satisfaction by offering consistent content and seamless experience across channels.
5. Provides multi-lingual support for global initiatives.
6. Aggregation of all content from various sources to deliver a single, comprehensive view.
7. Improved storage, structuring, and control of data, unstructured content and digital assets.
8. Provides intuitive user interfaces for rapid product set up, efficient mass data editing and content enrichment with digital assets.
9. Extensibility allows organizations to rapidly adapt to changing business requirements.
10. Consistent and enhanced product information to all channels and systems which takes direct benefit from compelling social and media content.
Sweeping our deliberations to PCM’S kin — ECM; is no different. We talk to customers every time about enterprise content management. We interpret ECM is all about managing an organization’s documents, that is the unstructured information such as Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PDF files and scanned images that play such essential roles in the organization’s mission-critical processes.
Regardless what we call it, let’s Take a Look at 5 Key Trends That Are Actually Shaping Enterprise Content Management Today in a True Sense.
Enterprise Content Management (ECM):
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) is defined by AIIM International as the technologies, tools, and methods used to capture, manage, store, preserve, and deliver content and documents related to organizational processes.
Related Post: 4 Trends Shaking Up ECM Market In 2016
• ECM puts content to work in the context of the organization’s business processes.
• ECM solutions have robust security that encrypts data and prevents unauthorized access.
• It puts content to work in the context of users, according to their roles and goals.
• Many customers can benefit from a software-as-a-service (SaaS) ECM solution.
• IDC research shows majority of workers spent a huge amount of time working from different geographical solutions. Therefore, An ECM solution should necessarily support remote access.
Whether it’s a marketing-focused landing page, a multi-site web presence for a large corporation, or a web-based mobile app, PIM and PCM collectively has the power to transform any design to a 100% editable content within minutes.