Spring Forward into Prosperity With .NGO
Starting March 14th, 2016, US-based Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) that register the .ngo domain name will be eligible to participate in the #CashForGood contest — with a chance to win a grand prize of $10,000 USD or one of 50 runner-up prizes of $500 USD.
The contest is all about how you present your organization and its cause on your OnGood profile page(s). When you register a .ngo domain name you also get a directory page describing your organization, and a profile page for each domain name where you can highlight your mission, provide updates to your supporters, and showcase videos and photos. These profile pages give you another place on the web to showcase your cause; and we’re looking for imaginative and inspiring pages!
How It Works
Nonprofits and NGOs must complete the following steps:
- Register their .ngo domain name through a participating registrar
- Pass the validation process
- Complete their OnGood profile page(s)
The contest closes on April 22nd, 2016, and judges will then score the entries based on the completeness and quality of the profile pages in OnGood.
The winners will be announced on May 9th.
Note: the #CashForGood contest is only open to U.S. residents; this does include organizations based in the U.S. that are doing work internationally. We are looking to roll out additional contest around the World later this year. Domain names registered between March 14 and April 22 are eligible.
Benefits of Registering a .ngo domain name
- Only legally recognized NGOs, charities, and nonprofits can register the .ngo domain name through a validation process. This helps genuine organizations distinguish themselves from non-validated brands.
- .ngo websites and email addresses communicate to donors and supporters that your organization is credible, trustworthy, and legal.
- Get listed in our global, online database of validated NGOs, charities, and nonprofits.
What You Have to Lose
Originally published at pir.org.