Mobile App Design: 5 Pillars of Interactive Design
Mobile app design is a crucial element that could make a difference between the successful adaptation of your app or an utter disapproval. The design of an app is what the users engage and interact with; it creates the user experience (UX). Modern day apps are presented with the need to have increased engagement with the user to create a longer lasting user following. The benefits reaped by the apps that are highly engaging are numerous.
Just because the mobile screen is small, it doesn’t mean that the fundamentals of interactive design creation are to be overlooked by the app designers. Interactive mobile app design can be created keeping in mind these 5 fundamental pillars:
1. Goal-Oriented Design: Designing the right app for the right target market is one of the fundamentals of all business/marketing theories. Using user research and big data analytics, you can get valuable insights into your specific consumer’s preferences. The focus would also enable you to set specific goals and create an efficient app’s workflow.
2. Practical Usability: It doesn’t take Einstein to figure out what happens if your app is unusable. This is the basic purpose/meaning behind your mobile app design and creates the instrumental value for your app.
3. Affordance and Signifiers: Signifiers are the identifiers of affordance, which is a function, for example, intense blue underlined text signifies that it is a link. The link, in this case, is the affordance, signified by the blue underlined text. Using Signifiers in the right way ensures that your users can navigate through the app with ease.
4. Learning Adoptability: You want to make an app that the user can operate through instincts. Mobile app design must be made in a way that seems natural to use with design patterns, colored hierarchies and other innovative elements of design thinking.
5. Response and Feedback: Feedback and response in app design are in terms of the action-acknowledgement the user gets at the completion of any action, for example, a beep/vibration when typing etc. Your feedback time should be within lightning fast and should adequately represent that action.
Following these guidelines should enable you to create a highly engaging and interactive user design. Once you have made the perfect design you should be made to understand the importance of the development. Mobile app design is powered by the programming/coding, which means that even if you have the best app design run by rubbish code, the results would be disastrous.
Professional designing and developing agencies and companies should be consulted for the enhancement of your ideas.