10 Reasons Why I Write Everything as a List
Everything I write starts as a list
- I love making lists and I make lots of them almost every day— to do, bucket, checklists, shoppinglists, wishlists, readinglists… the list goes on :P
- Lists help me organize my thoughts and ideas better
- They’re easier to write, read and remember
- Lists ensure every point, argument, angle etc. gets covered
- They’re my procrastination medicine. If I don’t complete a day’s task I append it to the next day’s to do list and the growing number in the list pushes me get things done.
- Lists make me feel better
- They reduce stress
- A goal without a plan is just a wish. A plan in the form of a list feels more attainable, finite and unambiguous.
- I prefer reading lists on the web
- On the web, lists ensure that your stuff gets read. The number in the title is probably why you’re reading this in the first place.