There are many solar panel companies and installers out there and you need to consider, ask and do a lot of things before making a decision.
Following are a series of questions that you need to take into account:
- Are the technicians appropriately licensed, certified and insured to install solar panels?
- How long has the company been in the business of installing solar panels?
- Do they stock different types of solar panels from top brands and feature the latest and most advanced models?
- Is the staff knowledgeable enough to explain the pros and cons of different solar panels before recommending the appropriate ones?
- Will they provide a price quotation based on the type of solar panels and your individual requirements?
- Will a company representative do a home visit to assess the sun exposure before estimating the best location for installing the solar panels?
- Will they appraise the energy efficiency of your home and give tips on saving energy?
- If you decide to go ahead with the installation, will a surveyor thoroughly evaluate the site and take detailed measurements and pictures?
- Will this be followed by a comprehensive quotation of the solar panel price and installation costs?
- Will the quote take your personal energy requirements into account and be tailored to your needs?
- Will it be an all-inclusive and firm quotation or just an estimate with the possibility of additional charges later on?
- Can the installation damage the roof in any manner? What if there are any leaks or wear due to the work?
- Does the company take care of service and maintenance of the solar panels post installation?
- Will they give you a forecast of the performance of the solar power system and how much energy it will produce? Does the forecast take the roof tilt, shading and surroundings into account?
- Is this production level guaranteed and will the solar panel company compensate you in case of lower performance?
- Is there a warranty on workmanship and for what period?
- Will the company take care of the government permissions and inspections before installing the solar panels?
- Do they provide interconnection with the local utility grid?
- Are they aware of the various rebates, grants and other incentives available? Will they take care of the paperwork and set you up to gain maximum benefits?
- And last but not the least, what kind of financing options does the solar company in Los Angeles, California offer? Is it possible to take the solar panels on lease?
It is obvious that the role of the solar panel installer is not just limited to installation. The solar company in Los Angeles, California has to take care of all the details before and after the installation Your job is to ask the right questions and make the correct choice!