Hard Work, Determination, and Positivity with Ivan Stokes
The Mindset Advantage is a weekly poker podcast hosted by mindset coaches Elliot Roe and Adrienne “Talonchick” Rowsome. Each episode they are joined by a top poker player to discuss how to become a better player by improving your mindset.
Ivan Stokes, also known as “ILS007,” is an English professional poker player who has been competing since the age of 18 and has been a two-time Supernova Elite player as well as a successful coach. Coming from a “study-minded” standpoint due to his experience with chess, this mindset has benefited Stokes’s poker career from the start.
In this episode, he speaks about how keeping a positive, productive mindset helped him become a better poker player, and offers tips on how you can improve your poker game.
Listen to a Preview
- Ivan’s beginning experience with poker
- Ivan’s connection between poker and chess
- When poker became more competitive and how becoming skilled at poker is up to hard work
- How Ivan dealt with the stress of competing in Supernova Elite
- Poker pros vs. gamblers — the similarities and differences
- Mindset’s effect on Ivan’s success over the years
- How Ivan mentally prepares to play at the table
- Why a negative mindset leads to a lack of productivity
- The struggle of moving up in stakes and how it can impact decision making
- How Ivan takes on goal setting after Supernova Elite
- How collaboration helps with motivation
- Ivan’s advice for getting into poker in 2018
Listen to the Full Episode
Podcast production and marketing provided by FullCast
► Website: http://fullcast.co/