How To Create A Leadership Style That Blends With Your Personality
Interview with Lili Sarafan — CEO, Home Care Assistance
It’s time for another new episode of FemgineerTV!
You’ll recall in that in the last episode of FemgineerTV, I interviewed Maria Giudice the VP of Experience of Autodesk and author of The Rise of the DEO. We talked about how traditional CEOs have been replaced by a new breed called DEOs.
In the latest episode of FemgineerTV, I’ve got a great example of a DEO for you: Lily Sarafan, the CEO of HomeCare.
Lily began her career when HomeCare was just a startup, and has been integral to its growth and eventual acquisition.
But that’s not all, Lily is also very active in the tech community as a startup advisor, mentor, and investor, she’s also involved with a number of nonprofits, holds a political office, and avidly travels.
As you watch the episode you’ll learn how she manages all her projects and has learned to cultivate a leadership style over the years that resonates with her personality. Lily definitely exhibits many of the DEO traits such as:
- Evaluating and take risks
- Being a systems level thinker
- Using her intuition to guide her decision-making
- Having a high level of social intelligence
- Caring about getting shit done!
- Influencing and shaping a company’s culture through her unique leadership style
Even if you aren’t a leader, this is a very valuable episode to watch, because you’ll learn the following from Lily:
- Why it’s OK if people don’t expect much from you and how you can use that to your advantage
- Why having a leadership oriented personality is very different from being an effective leader
- Why the best advice isn’t necessarily what you’re supposed to follow
- How you can lead and built a support network even if you’re shy or introverted
- Why it’s important to value people over product
Prefer to listen? FemgineerTV episodes are now on iTunes.
You can listen to FemgineerTV episodes here. Please take a moment to leave us a review. Your positive review will help us get featured in the News & Noteworthy and bring more exposure to the work we’re doing as well as the talented guests we feature!