The Sanders Campaign’s Historic Achievements
- Won 23 caucuses and primaries, over 13 million votes and 1,846 pledged and unpledged (super) delegates.
- Raised $222 million almost exclusively through small donations (original goal was ‘only’ $50 million).
- Received 8 million donations from over 2.5 million donors.
- Average donation: $27.
- Average donor’s age: 27 years.
- Never set up a super PAC.
- Enlisted the active support of over 250,000 volunteers.
- Won the most progressive platform in the Democratic Party’s history.
- Reduced the number of superdelegates by 60% from 715 to 250.
- Elected 5 state Democratic Party chairs.
- Helped progressive Democrat Zephyr Teachout win her congressional Democratic primary.
- Forced Debbie Wasserman Schulz to resign as chair of the Democratic National Committee before the Democratic National Convention officially opened.
- Inspired 6,700 people to consider running for local, state, or federal office and 16,000 to volunteer for those grassroots campaign efforts.
If you liked this post, you’ll love my blog, my YouTube Channel, and my Twitter feed.