Ayurvedic Healthcare Tips for Summer
According to Author of this article, ayurveda says, During months of summer sunrays are very powerful and hazardous. Here, phlegm subsides a little while wind is created in the body. Every year thousands of people experience health disorders like heatstroke, prickly heat, skin infections, and weakness. This is why ayurveda prescribes different health regimes for different seasons. With every season there is a specific diet and set of instructions to follow. This season affects digestive power on a large scale. One needs to stay hydrated hence it is advisable to follow an easy-to-digest, liquid diet. Direct sunlight, excessive salt, too spicy, bitter and sour food should be avoided. Similarly, intense exercises should be avoided. Balanced diet intake of sweets, nutrition, cooling, liquid food should be followed. Non vegetarian food, rice gruel, raisin juice, lassi and coconut water should be included in diet. Clothes of thin linen should be used more, geographical regions with comparatively colder atmosphere can be visited. Aromatic flowers, fragrant things should be carried around. Late night walks can be considered. Slim, pregnant, children can rest in the afternoon. Habits like artificial cooling replaced with khus curtains and mats, not letting sweat dry on the skin are beneficial. People experiencing kidney stones, excessive heat and similar disorders should have 1 spoonful of amla churna, one can consider drinking coriander seeds’ water throughout the day, fresh buttermilk, salad can be useful home remedies to beat summer heat. To keep skin radiant use utane while bathing. To keep stomach disorders at bay, consider clean, boiled water. Such details can help you enjoy a healthy summer season.
Follow this Top 10 ayurvedic tips for healthier and happier summer season.
1. Digestive system is weak during summer season. Also, body organs need more hydration. So, have easy to digest, light meals with enough soups and juices included.
2. Limit intake for sweets, oily foods, cold as well as liquid food. Drink sugarcane juice, rice kanji, soups, black raisin soup, aam panna juice and seasonal fruits like mangoes, watermelons, grapes etc.
3. People have buttermilk during summer season. Buttermilk is much better than yogurt, mattha, paneer etc.
4. Drink water from earthen pot (math). Avoid drinking water immediately stepping in from outside. Wait for atleast 5–10 minutes before water consumption. Adding chandan, vetiver (wala), Arabian jasmine (mogra) gives better results.
5. It is important to sleep well. Thin people, pregnant ladies, mothers, kids should take a nap in the afternoon.
6. Avoid direct exposure from harsh sunlight. Wipe excess sweat.
7. Increase intake of cabbage juice, aloe vera juice, amla juice, fresh lemon juice, kokam juice, coconut water, raw mango juice (aam panna) etc. Black plum, watermelon helps better digestion.
8. Walk early in the morning, ensure proper eyecare, and wash your face atleast 2–3 times.
9. Wear cotton clothes, visit cold climatic areas, keep scented flowers and things around you. Walking under the stars helps too.
10. Exercise moderately. Avoid physical stress.