A fortnight and a few days to go
The last procedure PR for AstroLib.jl is now open. With that, my main objective for Google Summer of Code is completed (technically it still has to be merged but oh well).
To be honest I did get a bit teary-eyed after making the PR. Working with Julia and AstroLib.jl for the past two months has been a really happy time for me. But the journey is in no way over yet. There’s still much to be done.
Besides taking a one week long vacation to complete my internship’s final reports, packing up and for traveling back to home (and to good food), I’ve worked on implementing a new testing macro @inferred in the AstroLib.jl’s tests, with a very appropriate PR name. This revealed a few hidden type-stability problems in a few functions.
Essentially, it’s like having a shell inside your Julia interactive session. A pretty nifty infrastructure for developing packages (Don’t know why I didn’t use it before, it’s really convenient)
The second evaluation has been cleared and there’s just the final one to go. Additionally, I’m going back to my university now that my vacations (a short 15 day vacation technically) are over. Let’s see how much can be done in these last 20 days.