Schedule for JEE Main 2015 Counselling
JEE Main Counselling would be conducted by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) for all those candidates who qualify the exam and score a valid All India Rank on the basis of their scores in the exam, and respective category. The process of counselling is extensive and stretches over several weeks.
In the counselling, the qualified candidates would be given the chance to mark the options of courses in the participating colleges/universities. JEE Main Counselling for IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and SFTIs would be conducted by a single autonomous governing body, JoSAA. Till 2014, there was a provision of separate counselling for IITs, ISM and rest of institutes/colleges/universities (IIITs, NITs, CFTIs, and SFTIs). As per the schedule, JoSAA 2015 Mock Allotment would be done on 28 June 2015. Candidates can refer to the official brochure for the complete schedule and event date sheet. There shall be 3 usual rounds of allotment and 1 spot round of allotment, apart from mock allotment in the initial stage.
Stages of JEE Main Counselling and Allotment
- Online registration
- Choice filling, locking, and freezing
- Seat allotment
- Document verification
- Reporting to the allotted college
Note: Allotment of candidates would be done in the order of Home State (HS) Quota/ Other State Quota and finally the All India Quota. 50% admissions in NITs will be reserved for home state (HS) quota students and the remaining 50% for other state (OS) quota.
Process of JoSAA 2015 Counselling
- Candidate has to register online to participate in counselling.
- He has to fill details like name, roll number, mobile number, email and bank challan number.
- Fee for counselling participation can be paid by credit/debit card or e-challan.
Choice Filling and Locking
- Candidates have to mark the choices of colleges/courses in the decreasing order of preference.
- Choices must be filled as many as possible to increase chances of allotment.
- Once the choices are frozen, no change in the choices list would be possible.
- A candidate who doesn’t get allotted seat can modify the choices after 3rd round of allotment.
- Fresh registration would be made open only for spot round of allotment.
Allotment Result Declaration and Document Verification
- JoSAA 2015 Allotment would be done as per AIR, choices filled, and merit list ranking.
- After allotment, report to the nearest “reporting center” for further consideration.
- Get the documents verified and collect the provisional admission letter.
Admission to the Allotted Institute
- Report to the allotted institute with admission letter, fee for semester, and documents.
- Pay the admission fee, and get enrolled in the institute for studying in the semester.
- Fee is non-refundable and varies from institute to institute.
Spot Seat Allotment Round
This round would consider seats left vacant from usual round of allotment.
Already registered candidates need not register again for JEE Main 2015 Spot Round.
Fresh registered candidates have to mark choices and pay the fees to participate.
Locking of choices must be done before the deadline.