Cracking BITSAT made easy.
To get into the top engineering colleges of the nation, you have to beat the best. As they say, nothing in this life will come easy to you. And BITSAT is no different! BITSAT happens to be one of the most coveted exams to crack and rightfully so. After all, it is an entrance to one of the most prestigious colleges in the country. BITS Pilani, Pilani, Hyderabad and Goa all boast of a great campus with a lot of facilities and opportunities both academic and non-academic. So if you think it is an impossible feat to crack BITSAT, let us help you by making it just a tad easier. Just follow these tips religiously:
- Concept comes first: BITSAT has shorter but trickier questions. Therefore, do not waste time on lengthy questions, not even one bit. Rather understand the concept and work on your speed and accuracy. This is what will help you ace the exam!
- Time Management: Perhaps the most crucial aspect of cracking the BITSAT is time management. The exam has more questions than most other engineering entrance examinations and hence requires you to be on your feet throughout. Practice as many mock tests as you can to improve your show on the all important D-Day.
- Be careful of the negative marking, but not too much: The negative marking is in fractions but if you accuracy is too low, it could cost you heavily. Therefore, follow this rule — if you are more than 70% sure of a question, attempt it.
- Play to your strengths: It is advised to strengthen your strengths to an absolute precision. This takes away the possibility of going wrong and you are sure of a section at least leaving ample time to work on your weakness.
- Bonus Questions: If you complete the paper before 180 minutes without skipping questions, you would be getting additional 12 questions. You are given a choice to attempt these. Though they are sure to provide you an edge over other students, don’t get carried away and fetch some negative marking.
- Focused preparation: You cannot expect to have a laid back attitude if preparing for BITSAT. Make sure you invest properly in terms of time and dedication and hard work to get required results. Stay away from unnecessary distractions.
- Choose the right preparation material: The right material is like your armoury, one thing you can’t compromise on. NCERT makes for a good base for CBSE while books like H.C. Verma (for Physics) and O.P. Agarwal for Chemistry can help you with complex questions.
- On the day of the exam: Remaining calm is the most important thing to do. Don’t waste time on questions you are not sure of and never lose confidence, not even for a minute!
BITSAT is not just of the same league as JEE Mains, JEE Advances and perhaps the age old favourite AIEEE as it takes the art of giving an entrance exam to a whole new level. Capiche?
To improve your speed and accuracy by unbelievable margins visit www.prepmonk.com where you play time bound quizzes against other aspirants and can closely monitor your speed and accuracy.