Announcing Custom Providers — add any site to Presearch
A year ago, when we launched Presearch.org, we set out to build a tool that would enable anyone, but especially power users, to search more directly.
The Presearch Community has been instrumental in providing feedback on Presearch.org to help guide the vision forward.
Today, we’re excited to bring you a new feature (in a long line of planned releases) that will make your search experience even better and more customized to how you want to use Presearch.
CREATE YOUR CUSTOM SEARCH PROVIDERS
When you use Presearch.org, you now have the ability to search any site by adding it to your Presearch Providers.
Adding custom providers to your account makes using Presearch faster, easier and gets you the results you really want to see.
In addition to our 80+ default providers, this new features enables you to add in any site that has a search results page.
You can now search CRM apps including Salesforce, Zoho and Highrise, project management tools like Basecamp, Trello and Asana, as well as your favourite sites that you search frequently.
HOW TO ADD CUSTOM PROVIDERS TO PRESEARCH
We’ve created a short explainer video to walk you through how to add a custom provider to Presearch:
If you prefer to read about how to add custom providers, we’ve listed the steps below:
- Open up Presearch.org and make sure you’re logged in
- Click the ‘Customize’ line below the search bar
- Click on the ‘Add New Provider’ tab
- Type in name of the provider you’d like to add
- Open a new browser window and open your provider’s website
- Type in a search term that is not very common (example, testing123)
- Copy the search result URL, making sure you do not include your search term
- Head back to the Presearch.org Custom Provider Page and paste the copied URL into the URL field
- Click ‘Icon’ and choose a logo
- Click the orange “Add Provider” button
We’d love to hear how you like this new feature, and hope you enjoy customizing your Presearch experience.
Presearch is building a decentralized search framework that doesn’t collect your personal information.
It provides access to over 80 different search providers while allowing you to earn Presearch tokens just for searching.
Even if you don’t care that Presearch doesn’t collect your data, it offers the benefits of all the best search engines combined for fast and convenient results.
Go to Presearch.org and start searching today.