10 Ideas for a New Train Experience (Tokyo)
- People are able to change the channel of the internal TV screen that plays ads.
- In some carts, instead of open spaces, trains consist of capsule hotel slots where you can rest while you commute if your ride is more than 30 minutes.
- A train as long as the track itself that slowly moves forward, like a moving converter belt.
- Vending machines in the trains if you get thirsty.
- Double-decker trains for more space.
- Inside is a tatami mat decor and some carts have a hot spring bath.
- A cheaper commute fee where you sit on (or cling on to) the top of the train.
- Multiple story train tracks that are laid out on top of each other vertically for multiple trains to run at the same time.
- Work booths inside the train for you to get some work done or join a quick teleconference call. Can reserve ahead of time.
- Commuters pay tips live to the conductor for the train to go faster.
10 x 10 Exercise
■ 10 ideas in 10 minutes. Daily.
■ Post your ideas in the comments or share future topics to ideate together.
■ 10 minutes not enough? Get stupid with your ideas. Anything goes.
■ Inspired by James Altucher.
Alice laughed: “There’s no use trying,” she said; “one can’t believe impossible things.”
“I daresay you haven’t had much practice,” said the Queen.
- Lewis Carroll