Printer Offline is the common issue you may come across. This error may crop up owing to various reasons. This can happen due to errors in connection, poor configurations, faulty drivers, or if there are plenty of print jobs pending in the print queue. Below are the steps for How to fix printer offline issue. Follow the easy troubleshooting steps before connecting with advanced printer setup experts for resolving the issue.
Ensure printer connections are fine
Cables attached to the printer could be the reason for “Printer Offline Window 10” concern. Just make sure USB cable connection is printer not lose or worn out. If it is trying repairing or replacing it. Unplug the USB cable once and restart the computer and the printer. Furthermore, just ensure that the printer is connected to a working wall socket. For a wireless printer, restart the Wi-Fi router. Wi-Fi router not working properly can also cause network failures causing My Printer is offline.
Change Printer Settings
Fix “Printer Offline” concern by changing printer settings. Let’s head further by following the easy steps below:
- Start by opening the control panel and navigate to Devices and Printers.
- Now, proceed by checking whether the correct printer is set to default.
- After that, right-click on your default printer and select “See what’s printing”.
- If you find some unfinished tasks, remove them
- Under the Printer tab in the queue window, uncheck use printer offline option.
- Unplug the USB cable and plug it again to ensure the printer is connected properly to the PC.
- Try, restarting your router, in case of a network printer.
- Turn both your computer and Printer off and then switch it on again to ensure that “Printer Offline Window 10” has gone away.
- If still the issue remains there, try reinstalling the printer drivers.
Restarting the Print Spooler Service
Try fixing Printer Offline concern by restarting the Print Spooler Service.
- Press Windows Key + R simultaneously. After that type services.msc in the Run box and press enter.
- Locate Printer Spooler service in the service window.
- Now, right-click the service and restart it.
- “My Printer is offline”. Is your Printer still offline? If yes jump to next step.
Change Printer Properties
Another measure, which we can take to fix the “Printer Offline” concern is changing Printer properties. Let’s follow the steps below for the same.
- Go to the control panel first and then navigate to “Device and Printers”.
- Now, proceed by right-clicking on the printer and choose Printer properties from the menu.
- Navigate to ports tab. Now, select printers IP address and click on configure port button.
- After doing the needful, uncheck SNMP status enabled and click O.K
Note: Above method works only in case of Network printers.
Re-install Printer Drivers
Sometimes outdated or missing drivers can cause “Printer offline windows 10” issue. See if re-installing the drivers help you resolve the concern.
- Navigate to Devices and Printers section in Control Panel.
- Now, locate your printer, right-click it and choose Remove device.
- Click yes, when the confirmation dialog box appears.
- Now you can update the drivers automatically or manually. For manual driver update visit manufactures website and follow the instructions to do the same. For automatic updating go for any third-party tool.
You can connect with advanced experts at printer support to help you with the same for fixing Printer Offline issue.
Go for latest updates
My Printer is offline. Is your printer still offline then you might be able to fix the problem simply by installing the latest updates.
Windows 10 automatically downloads updates. However, you might skip an important update. But, you can always check for updates manually. To do so follow the below steps
- Press Windows Key + I.
- Go to Update & security section, when Settings app opens.
- Now, click on check for updates button.
Windows will automatically do the needful if updates are present. Now see, by installing the updates you have been able to get over the “Printer offline windows 10” issue.
If you still don’t know how to fix printer offline please communicate with advanced printer experts at your manufactures printer support.