Now that I’m managing to get things working in Java, I need to think about design principles in more detail. Last Friday was really useful and there is a lot to improve.
I have managed to draw out a good UML for my jConMan changes which I realised I need to do more of whenever I’m working on a project and I should stop and slow down a little.
There was a moment when I was working on my contact management app where I realised that there was a lot that needed changing and that my tests took forever to set up. That is probably the right time to think about design. It also seemed strange that the console was being used by almost every class which. So I’m going to spend some time going through how to improve my design and think jConMan is a good place to start.