Transitions Research Symposium — inhabiting innovative learning environments is a public research conference, organised by The University of Melbourne (and partners), providing an opportunity for selected graduate and early career researchers to present their research across an international audience.
3 events across 3 continents in 2017
- 2nd June Melbourne, Australia.
- 7th Sept London, UK (hosted by Ecophon)
- 14th Sept Grand Rapids, Michigan USA (hosted by Steelcase)
Each event will follow the same format, but featuring different speakers in each location. Each will commence with a keynote presentation followed by presentations from graduate and early career researchers. There will be opportunities for questions and discussion facilitated by leading academics and experts in the field. Lunch and breaks will provide opportunities for discussion and networking.
- A full conference proceedings for each event and an edited book of selected papers from across all 3 events.
- Part of a growing international network of educators, architects, researchers and peak groups, researching and working to build understanding of how learning spaces influence teaching and learning in schools, hospitals, universities and libraries.
TRANSITIONS will explore:
- How well are teachers making this transition?
- Are these spaces facilitating any improvement in teaching practices?
- What evidence exists that these spaces are improving student experiences and learning?
- What is needed to help teachers better utilise space as one of their pedagogic tools?
Who will present:
- Abstracts of papers are now being requested from beginning, established, or recently completed graduate researchers (Masters and PhD level, or equivalent), for one of the three events scheduled above. (Melbourne event abstract submission now closed).
- Those selected for presentation will be required to submit a draft paper prior to the event and full paper following the event (for inclusion in proceedings).
- If you feel your research informs this topic you are encouraged to submit a 300 word abstract via the link below.
- Further information including abstract guidelines, venues and event program are available here.
- Previous research symposia organised by the LEaRN team in 2016 What’s working & 2015 Terrains
Abstracts due date: ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FOR ALL EVENTS
- TRANSITIONS Australasia 6th March, 2017 (Now closed)
- TRANSITIONS Europe 19th April, 2017
- TRANSITIONS USA 19th April 2017
(If abstracts submitted for the Australasian symposia are not selected, it will be possible to have these considered for the UK and USA symposia.)
Audience registration closing date:
- TRANSITIONS Australasia 5th May, 2017 (100 spaces available)
- TRANSITIONS Europe 3rd August, 2017 (75 spaces available)
- TRANSITIONS USA 3rd August, 2017 (75 spaces available)
For administration issues, including registration, please contact Joann Cattlin, ILETC Project Manager, email@example.com, Ph: +61 3 9035 8694
For academic issues, please contact the symposium convenor: Associate Professor Wesley Imms, firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally published at www.iletc.com.au.