Improve Your Kid’s Life with These 10 Things
All kids de jure have to be provided with food, warmth and shelter. However, provision of clothing and three meals daily doesn’t limit the parenting duties.
All kids want to be loved and protected — and here are 10 main things our kids require from us:
1. Meet every day needs. That includes feeding, protection from dangers, help and supervision. In case of babies, do not let them cry for long — the longer they cry, the less safe they feel. There are not so many reasons for baby’s cry, so check the napkin, check if whether the baby is hungry, make sure that nothing hurts and speak with the baby.
2. Let them grow in safe and secure atmosphere. Otherwise, it will affect their health, learning and behavior. Safe happy atmosphere enables children to trust adults.
3. Do not be afraid to show your love. Kisses and hugs are important as these are good ways to show your feelings. Babies need your touches a lot. When kids grow older they still need your love and sentiment, though they don’t show it — do not be afraid to spoil a child with love.
4. Build the self-esteem of your children with help of praising their successes and being good and that will encourage them to repeat good actions. As a result, it will be easier for your children to study, make new friends and feel happier.
5. Smile to your kids. It is a great way to tell them that you love them, enjoy being with them and you are happy.
6. Communicate with your child. Start talking with a newborn in a low gentle voice and it will help baby to feel secure. Afterwards talking with toddlers help them to learn to talk faster.
7. Not hear but listen to your kid. Listen attentively, answer to questions and your kid will be confident that you care about him.
8. Be open for something new: do not be afraid to play games with children, tell stories, sing songs, gather collections of certain items and many more.
9. Do not neglect kids’ feelings. Pay attention to their behavior, explain when they are scared of something new and unusual and in future kids will discuss their problems with you.
10. Dedicate time and attention to children when they are behaving good — encourage this behavior.