Preparation Tips: How to prepare IBPS PO general awareness?
IBPS PO exam consists five subjects i.e. English, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, general awareness and computer knowledge.
There are sectional cutoff marks required to clear the exam so each subject is very important. Here in this article we are going to discuss on How to prepare IBPS PO general awareness?
How to prepare IBPS PO general awareness?
IBPS PO includes general section to determine the candidates’ awareness about current events, economics, sports etc. It tells that how much candidates have the knowledge of surroundings.
How to prepare for IBPS PO in three months? know some important preparation tips which will help you to score well in the IBPS PO exam.
General awareness section of IBPS PO consists questions related to the banking and economics awareness with the other general awareness.
Many candidates find this section difficult to crack because it comprises huge syllabus and many topics. Question can be asked from any topic and there is no fixed criteria. Generally, questions asked from the last six months Current affairs.
Important Topics asked in General Awareness for IBPS PO
· Current Affairs of last six months
· Awards & Honors
· Static GK
· International Organizations
· Indian Politics
· Budget and Taxes
· Government Schemes
· Miscellaneous GK
· History of Banking
· Countries & and their Currencies
· Books & their Authors
Banking awareness section Included following important topics:
· Questions on Indian Economy & Banking Industry
· International Economy
· RBI Functions, Fiscal-Monetary Policies, etc.
· Indian financial system
· history of Indian Banking Industry
· Monetary Policies
· Financial Institutions
· Capital market & Money Market
· Government Schemes
· Abbreviations & Economics Terminology
Know the difference between IBPS PO & SBI PO job profile, responsibility, and career. Which is better IBPS PO vs SBI PO?- Complete Detail.
Preparation Tips for General Awareness for IBPS PO
· As everyone suggest that read newspaper daily. Yes, it is true. Reading newspaper will cover your current affairs section.
· Read the news related to politics, award distribution, sports finance, banking, etc. Reading will not only improve your general awareness but also the vocabulary.
· Watch the news to be aware of the daily events and happening all around the words.
· Write down and make notes yourself for this section which will help to revise before the examination.
· Be updated with the awards, books & authors, Important dates and events etc. and make notes.
· Learn important capitals of the counties and their currencies.
· Most important is to solve previous year question papers. Question in this section get repeated from previous year papers. So, solving old papers will help to cover this section.
· Solve online quizzes, subscribe online test series and current affairs. You can subscribe for monthly magazines of general awareness.
· Take mock test according to exam time limit. It will improve your solving speed as well as efficiency. Mock test will increase your confidence.
Study Material for IBPS PO General Awareness
Although no book is sufficient for the general awareness section but there are some famous books available in the market which provide good study material for this section. Some of famous books for General awareness are:
· General Awareness by Arihant publications
· Banking Awareness by Disha publications
· Current affairs, newspaper, magazines
· Bankers Adda/ Gk today daily affairs and other online platforms
I will suggest you not to stuck only single book, you should read as many books, magazines, blogs as possible to improve your current affairs.
Here we have discussed important tips for IBPS PO general awareness, important topics and books. Which will help you to score well in the IBPS PO exam.