How to go live from your smartphone as a Facebook Live contributor
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Facebook app installed on your phone.
- Announce that you’re going to be broadcasting on Facebook Live on your other social media accounts beforehand.
3. Make sure you’re in a place with a strong connection (whether from Wi-Fi or 4G) before broadcasting from Facebook Live. You’ll be unable to broadcast live if there isn’t a strong connection.
4. Open the Facebook app and go to the Facebook page you’re going to be broadcasting live from.
5. Click on the blue “Go live” button.
6. In the “Describe your live video” section, write a compelling description, tagging the proper Facebook pages and linking back to a story on our website where people can read/see more.
7. Click on the blue “Go live” button on the bottom right corner of your phone.
8. When you’re done going live, click on the blue “Post” button.
- Do not broadcast live with low battery. And try to pack a portable battery with you. You don’t want the Facebook Live broadcast to cut out since your phone battery died.
- ABV: Always broadcast vertically. While you do want to take horizontal photos and videos normally, the screen doesn’t turn if you’re flip you’re phone horizontally. Therefore, unless you want your audience to watch sideways video, record with your phone vertical.
- Respond to commenters in the video by name and answer their questions to increase engagement. Tyler and Tim do a good job of that here.
- If you’re broadcasting for a longer period of time, you may want to repeat where you are and what‘s going on. Remember, people may be tuning in at different times of the broadcast. This happened when we did a Q&A with Adam.
- Longer broadcasts allow you to build more of an audience.