My 2016 Accomplishments
- I made it to the final round interview for a job at my dream company, did not get it, and survived.
- I made time to hold every new baby that was born in my family. There were two.
- I read more.
- I traveled to China with my dad and practiced my language skills.
- I got a job offer that wasn’t a fit and turned it down.
- I got out of a toxic relationship.
- I tried it again. With a great guy who treated me well and it still didn’t work. I survived.
- I saw Beyonce live at Soldier Field.
- I started working out and stopped gaining weight.
- I gave my idea a chance and QueensBrunch.com was born.
- I had a very good performance year. Even as a side hustler who was growing a brand.
- I got some relevant certifications to help increase my skills.
- I spend a lot more black dollars. I found shoes, clothing, jewelry, a dry cleaners, nail salon, personal development, a sleuth of restaurants in multiple cities, and a hair salon.
- I got my hair together.
- Even though I did not maintain break-even, I lost a LOT less money in my business this year.
- I actually have a system to track my accounting.
- I saw the mountains in Tenessee, Nevada, California, and FoShan.
- I made a few new friends and laughed a lot.
- I consistently filled my vase with flowers. Some store bought, some straight out the yard, and a lot of times gifted which I appreciate.
- I started seeing a therapist again.
- I learned a lot and grew a little.
The Books, Movies, and Podcasts That Got Me Through:
Year of Yes by shonda rhimes
Rising Strong by Brene Brown
Queen of Katwe by Tim Crothers
What I Know for Sure by Oprah Winfrey
The Perfect Find by Tia Williams
Myleik Teele Podcast
The Great Girlfriends
Hidden Figures with Taraji P Henson, Janelle Monae, and Octavia Spencer
Joy with Jennifer Lawrence
The Intern with Anne Hathaway and Robert DeNiro