Methods of resolving the QuickBooks Desktop Error H202
The QuickBooks Error H202 problem specifically occurs in QuickBooks desktop applications when multiple users attempt to access the same company file over a network or Windows server from different workstations, using QuickBooks’ multi-user mode functionality.
There is nothing to worry about, as in this article, we will demonstrate a number of proven techniques to help you connect to your company file quickly and effectively without experiencing any more operational delays in the future.
The causes of QuickBooks error h202
Below is a list of reasons for this frustrating error.
- The configuration of the hosting server is incorrect.
- By using the firewall software, QuickBooks cannot transmit data to the server.
- Incorrect DNS settings.
- Issues with IP addresses on servers or workstations.
- You might not be able to access the QuickBooksManager or QuickBooksDBXX services.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is experiencing a technical issue.
Error H202 in QuickBooks Desktop: Solutions
Method 1: Create a new folder for your company’s files
- On the hosting computer, create a new folder.
- If the necessary permissions are granted, then the QuickBooks company file can be shared.
- Then, move the database to the new folder you created just now.
- You will then be able to open the multi-user company file.
Method 2: QB Database Server Manager
- Open the QB Database Server Manager from the ‘Start’ menu of your computer.
- Browse the folder to find the Company file.
- Press the ‘Start Scan’ button.
- It will resolve the firewall settings automatically to establish a connection.
Method 3: Verify the hosting settings
- To open QB, double-click on the icon, then select File >> Utilities.
- It means this computer does not share or host the company file if the Host Multi-User Access option displays over the list.
- Open QB on another workstation and click on File >> Utilities. This will disable this computer from hosting the company file if the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option is displayed.
- Performing this procedure on every connected workstation except the real host computer should be repeated.
- You can attempt to solve the QuickBooks error code H202 by taking action where you experienced it.
After reading this post, we hope you will be able to understand the reasons for the error code. In order to fix QuickBooks error H202, please follow the above steps.
You may also read: Quickbooks Error H303 — How to fix it