Blueberry Mango Protein Smoothie Bowl — The Raw and The Cooked
Smoothie bowls are one of the easiest options for a quick and healthy breakfast! All you need is some frozen fruit and a few of your favorite toppings and you’re ready to go. I have been eating less super sweet fruit and sugars lately, so I’ve been incorporating lots of berries, and less banana and processed sweeteners like agave & maple syrup. I also like to use smoothies and teas as a way to get in some extra protein in my diet!
As I’ve gotten older, I find that I need to increase my protein intake in order to stimulate my metabolism and help maintain my lean muscle mass. I don’t eat a lot of pure fruit breakfasts, but I do like to make a smoothie bowl from time to time when I have a more laid back morning (meaning I don’t need to run out the door!).
Blueberry Mango Protein Smoothie Bowl
- 10 oz blueberries, frozen
- 5 oz mango, frozen
- ½ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 Tablespoon protein powder (I use Sunwarrior brand!)
- stevia to taste
- fresh blueberries, strawberries and raw nuts for garnish (I used walnuts here)
- Place the frozen fruit, almond milk, protein powder and stevia in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more almond as needed to blend easily. This should be fairly thick, but that will also depend somewhat on how powerful your blender motor.
- Place the smoothie in a bowl and top with fresh fruit and nuts.
Originally published at rachelcarr.com on April 7, 2017.