Deaf Awareness Presentation
We spent 1 hour with the theatres staff, providing interactive and bespoke training about deaf awareness issues.
Those attending felt they had gained a real understanding of deaf people. We talked about:
- The physical environment
- Technical equipment
- Deaf culture and community
- Interacting with a deaf person
- Basic British Sign Language (BSL syntax & grammar)
- Gesture & Expression
And we provided examples of culture aspects like:
- Eye contact
- To point
- Attract attention by tapping on shoulder, waving, etc…
- To show facial expressions
- Clear lip patterns
Meanwhile you can enjoy the video that we recorded during this session and know what those attending think about the course.
Connect with us on LinkedIn now!