Dumb things we do over and over again.
Some are harmless, some are not.
Some of the dumb things we do over and over again are (mostly) harmless:
- Going to the grocery store hungry.
- Hitting the light switch when the power is out.
- Looking for something to eat in a near empty fridge.
- Answering the phone when we didn’t mean to.
- Buying 2 of something just because the sign says “2 for $XX.XX”.
- Drinking too much.
- Spelling oportunity wrong (or maybe that’s just me).
- Trying to NOT think about something (don’t think about a white bear).
Per Albert Einstein: “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result.”
Some of the dumb things we do over and over again are harmful.
- Insult, disrespect or shame someone verbally or in writing.
- Ignore people around us — stranger, family or friends.
- Ignore our own feelings.
- Drink too much.
- Yell from a place of anger.
- Forget to vote.
- Chose to stand aside when wrong is being done.
- Neglect gratitude.
“Life moves pretty fast…”.
It is easy to fall into the trap of neglect, forgetfulness, procrastination, and ingratitude. Take a pause…
Take a breath.
If you are falling into the habit of any of these risky behaviors it is likely the result of moving way too fast and rushing way too much. Take time to renew your view.
I hope you will❤ my article so more people will find it!I am Rachel Tawil Kenyon. Click on my profile for articles about living a balanced existence at work and at home.