Project 1: Coffee App
This is my first project as a UX Designer aside from the redesign challenge for the application process, which I will post at a later time. The objective of this project is the user to buy a coffee. I wasn’t able to come up with a clever name for my app yet, but the premise is a coffee subscription app. Through field research, I found that users wanted a way to consolidate their payments and a one-stop-shop for their coffee needs. This app is targeted to Millennials and local, specialty coffee shops. With this app:
- You are able to locate the closest coffee shops near you
- See customer reviews to determine if the coffee shop would be worth the trip
- View/order from the shop’s menu
- Have options for delayed pickup and delivery
- And to share your experiences through social media by posting within the app (similar to Instagram) with other users or to other social media networking apps like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
There are some kinks, and I do feel that I need to refine it. However, that’s why prototypes exist — provides the opportunity to iterate and improve the design.