14 Confessions To Hold Fast To — Dr. Stephen Johnson
Romans 10:8–10 NKJV
“ But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Homologeo — to say the same thing as, admission or declaration
- Confess the absolute Lordship of Jesus Christ in your life. Jesus is Lord over all. Jesus is Lord over satan and all his power.
- Confess that you do not have a care. 1 Peter 5:7 — “Casting All your cares upon Him, for He cares for you.”
- Confess the Lord is my shepherd, I don’t have any wants. Psalm 23:1 — “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want”
- Confess every sin, sickness, disease, sorrow and grief was laid on Jesus, so that I am free from them. I have none of them. Isaiah 53:3–5 “He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him. Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.”
- Confess Jesus is made unto me — 1 Corinthians 1:30 “ But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God — and righteousness and sanctification and redemption.”
- Confess everything my hand touches is successful and has favor — Psalm 1:3 “He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.”
- Confess I am a new creature — 2 Corinthians 5:17 “ Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. I am the righteousness of God in Christ.” 2 Corinthians 5:21 “For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
- Confess God has given me revelation — 1 Corinthians 2:8–10 “which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” But God has revealed them to us through His spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.”
- Confess I am seated with Christ — Ephesians 2:6 "and raised us up together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
- Confess I am His workmanship — Ephesians 2:10 “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.”
- Confess I am a born again bloodshed, blood bought child of God — John 3:3 “Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
- Confess I have boldness and access to God— Ephesians 3:12 “in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
- Confess God has given me all things that pertain — 2 Peter 1:3–4 “as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.”
- Confess I am a partaker of His divine nature