Radar ION goes Mainnet
Your Lightning Network onramp, now with mainnet support
Two weeks ago we launched Radar ION, your guide for joining the Bitcoin Lightning Network.
We launched ION on the Bitcoin testnet so that new users would have a sandbox to experiment with Lightning payments without risking any real money. Many took us up on that offer:
- 1500+ users explored ION’s curated recommendations for wallets and apps
- 300+ testnet bitcoin withdrawals have been initiated from our faucet
ION Lightning Wiki is growing too, and now features articles on Lightning topics from setting up a Lightning node at home, connecting to Lightning with Tor, and bootstrapping channels to your node, to cutting-edge R&D like invoiceless payments, hold invoices, static channel backups, and atomic multi-path payments. Anyone can contribute!
ION News will release its first volume — featuring Lightning network stats, project announcements, reviews, and tutorials — very shortly. Get on the list to receive it!
Restless for #Reckless
By far the most common feedback we've received has been:
When will you have a guide for using real money on Mainnet?
We’re happy to announce that ION now supports Bitcoin Mainnet!
The updated mainnet guide includes:
- A comprehensive wallet guide that summarizes Mainnet wallet options
- A Mainnet node to quickly connect new users to the most popular apps
- A list of apps that we’ve tested — and will continue to test — to guarantee you’ll have a good experience
- Community resources to join the Lightning conversation
- Developer tools to build on Lightning
If you want to experiment in the risk-free sandbox, just click the toggle to switch back to Testnet.
Onward and Upward
We can accelerate the growth of the Lightning Network toward its full potential by making it more accessible and getting more users and developers engaged and involved.
Look forward to regular updates, new Lightning Network tools and features in the coming weeks.
Have questions, comments, or recommendations?