Choosing what it is better
“I have the right to do anything,” you say — but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything” — but not everything is constructive.”” 1 Corinthians 10:23
When you say yes to one thing, you are saying no to many other things. Have you even thought about it? Every day, we make decisions — some small and others with eternal impact. Choices are a trade off and each one of them has good or bad consequences.
I know, I know! You are an adult and free to make the decision you want. Right, but not too right. Let me explain... Your decision will create an impact in your life and in others` lives. So even according to the Constitution, you are not allowed to make some choices that will be harmful to other people.
However, that is not my point today. I want you to realize that your decisions are important! And yes, even a decision that seems ok, that is legally possible, that is fine according to this world, can be a bad decision.
Let`s be intentional with our choices! Before choose something important, here are somethings that you should do:
- Think: ‘What are my options?’ (Write down!!!)
- Think: Which options are aligned with the Word of God? (Delete the ones that are not!)
- Think: ‘What are the pros and cons of each options (according to my purpose and priorities in life)?’ (Write down!!!)
- Pray with an open heart to listen from God
- Share the situation with a godly friend and/or mentor
- Let the peace of God direct you!
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15