How to Really Get Traffic to Your Blog : The 3 Best Tactics You Should Use
If you’re a blogger, one of your worst nightmares is putting all that time and effort into creating some high quality content just to find that no one’s reading your blog.
You’ll find yourself feeling really discouraged, and confused, so you go and try to look for some information that will help you.
It can’t be that hard, right? Just Google it.
Well, it’s not that simple because almost everything you’ll find regarding this topic is pretty much useless.
Generic advice like “write more” or “publish on social media” isn’t exactly what you want to hear when you want more people to actually read your blog and become long-term fans.
So how do you actually get more traffic? Here’s How.
1. Facebook groups
Facebook groups are basically gatherings of people who are interested in the same topic. For example, if you search “graphic design” you’ll find tons of groups with a large number of people interested in this topic.
Here’s exactly how you can generate traffic using this method :
- Step 1 : Search for the topic of your blog in the search bar.
- Step 2 : Find the 3 most popular groups.
- Step 3 : Once you’re accepted, just post useful information without any links for one or two months. Don’t be spammy. Be as helpful as possible.
- Step 4 : Once you’ve been an active and helpful member in the group for two months or so, start including one relevant link to your blog in 10% of your posts, so if you’re posting 20 times a month, include one relevant link in 2 or 3 of those posts.
- Step 5 : Be genuinely helpful and interact with the community. Don’t just look for your own benefit and spam all over the place. Always respond to comments and give genuinely helpful advice without asking people to visit your blog.
Remember, being helpful without always asking for something in return will build your credibility and people will eventually trust you.
If you didn’t know already, Reddit is one of the most popular sites on the web. Basically, it’s a big forum, divided into sub-forums for each topic. Each sub-forum is called a subreddit.
There’s a subreddit for almost every topic you can imagine. Now that you know what Reddit is, here’s how you can get traffic from it :
- Step 1 : Create an account on Reddit.
- Step 2 : Go to Google and type in “best subreddits about X” or “subreddits about X” where X is the topic of your blog.
- Step 3 : Select the 3 biggest subreddits in your topic.
- Step 4 : For the first 2 months, just post helpful content without any links. This will position you as a helpful member in the community.
- Step 5 : After the first 2 months, you can start including relevant and helpful links in your posts, but do this with just 10% of your posts. This will keep you from being spammy.
- Step 6 : Once your posts start to get some traction, people will start to comment and maybe ask you questions. Always respond and interact with the community. If people sense that you’re really listening to them and trying to help them, they’ll trust you even more and you’ll get more traffic in return.
Useful tips :
Here are a few tips that will help you get the most out of Reddit :
- Use a tool called Reddit Later to schedule your posts so that you can automatically publish them at the best time to get more engagement.
- When you’re linking to your blog in your post, always link to a relevant article, and only do it in 10% of your posts.
- You should also link to other blogs to establish more credibility.
Quora is a question-and-answer site where questions are asked, answered, edited, and organized by its community of users.
Like Reddit, Quora has a wide range of topics you can choose from where you can see what people are asking and then provide useful and relevant answers to their questions.
Now that you know how Quora works, let’ get to the important stuff. Here’s how you can get traffic from Quora :
- Step 1 : In the search bar at the top, search for the topic of your blog. For example, if you have a blog about graphic design, type in “graphic design”.
- Step 2 : Select your topic in the search results.
- Step 3 : Click on “follow” to get the latest questions on your topic.
- Step 4 : Click on the “answer” tab.
- Step 5 : Find questions that are one week old, with 1000+ views. This is not a rule, but it’s a good place to start.
- Step 6 : Write an answer that’s really helpful and include some relevant links. Check out Neil Patel’s answers on Quora to see how a great quora answer looks like.
Useful tips :
To get the most out of Quora, here’s what you should keep in mind :
- Always use relevant images in your answers. They are visually appealing.
- Always write high quality and relevant answers. Don’t just write to self-promote.
- Check the FAQ section in your topic page. It contains the frequently asked questions. If you can, answer a few of them to get a lot of exposure.
That’s how you can actually get traffic to your blog. It took me a lot of time to figure this out since whenever I searched for this, I always found crappy content. So use these tactics and you should see a real boost in your traffic!