The Top 5 Benefits of Social Media Marketing
For many people, social media marketing is the next big thing, a powerful trend that must be taken advantage of while it’s still in the spotlight. To others, it’s simply a “buzzword” with no “tangible” advantages and a steep, incredibly complicated learning curve.
However, when we look at the statistics, we see a very different picture. According to Hubspot, 92% of marketers in 2014 claimed that social media marketing was integral to their business, with 80% indicating their efforts for increased traffic to their websites. This demonstrates huge potential for social media marketing to increase sales and recognition. Here’s a look at just some of the ways social media marketing can prove beneficial to your brand:
- Increased Brand Recognition. Each opportunity you have to promote your content and increase your visibility is valuable. Social media networks are just new channels for your brand’s content and voice. This is important because it makes you more accessible for a new audience, and makes you more familiar, recognizable, and relatable for your existing followers/audience. For example, an otherwise apathetic customer might become better acquainted with your brand after seeing your presence on multiple social networks or a frequent Facebook user could discover your brand for the first time after stumbling upon it in their Facebook newsfeed.
- Improved Brand Loyalty. Hubspot states that 72% of marketers are using social media to develop a loyal consumer base. According to a report published by the College of Media and Communication at Texas Tech University, brands that engage on social media enjoy higher loyalty from their audience. The report concluded that companies should take advantage of the benefits social media provides in regards to increase connectivity with consumers, and a higher volume of storytelling opportunities. An open and strategic social media plan can prove influential in transforming consumers into being loyal to a brand.
- Increased Inbound Traffic. Without social media, your traffic is limited to those who are already familiar with your brand and/or individuals searching for keywords you currently rank for on search engines. Every social media profile you create is an added path leading to your site. Each piece of content you publish on social media from your site is another opportunity to gain a new visitor. Recently, organizations like snip.ly are developing accessible and inexpensive call to action buttons which provide yet another way the average business owner can promote their brand. It is still important to recognize that if you decide to push out content on social media, the higher the quality of your content is, the more traffic you’ll generate.
- Higher Conversion Rates. Social media marketing results in higher conversion rates in many distinct ways. Brands become more humanized by their interaction in social media. Brands can act like people on social media and this is important because people like to interact with other people; not necessarily with corporations. Studies have also shown that social media has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than outbound marketing, and a greater number of social media followers tends to improve credibility in your brand. Simply building an audience on social media networks can improve conversion rates for your existing traffic.
- Richer Customer Experiences. Social media is a communication channel similar to email or a phone call. Each customer interaction you have is an opportunity to demonstrate your level of customer service publically on social media and strengthen your relationship with customers. For example, if a customer has a complaint about your product or service on Facebook or Twitter, you can address the comment immediately, apologize publicly, and take steps to resolve the issue. Alternatively, if you receive a compliment from a customer, you can thank them and potentially recommend additional products. It’s an experience for the customers that is prompt, feels personal and shows that you care about them.
If you’re still unsure about the benefits of social media marketing, consider these two points:
- Your competition is already on social media. This means your competition is probably already reaping the benefits of social media and possibly even poaching your potential clients.
- The sooner you get on it, the sooner you’ll reap the benefits. Social media is all about building relationships, which tend to grow rapidly as soon as your customers tell their friends, and then their friends, and so on. The sooner you start, the sooner you’ll be able to start growing that audience and with the recent capabilities of social media sites like Facebook to specifically target users of a certain demographic and shared interest, your community is bound to grow.
Social media marketing, when done correctly, can lead to more traffic, more customers, and higher conversion for your business. It’s definitely here to stay so if you’re a business that still believes that putting money into billboards on a highway is good marketing sense, forget about it. These days, most drivers aren’t even looking at the road, let alone looking at billboards. Consumers are looking at their phones among other devices and are constantly tapping into the widening social world built on pixels, but for people like you and me to benefit from. If you’re interested in getting started and truly taking advantage of the digital age, get in touch with us now!
We are looking for #sharemonsters — so please share this if you found it helpful! If you’re interested in learning more about creating effective marketing strategies, contact RafikiMedia at email@example.com or http://rafikimedia.net/